Re: L-Cheapo Laser Attachment (for 3D printer)

Thanks. I will have to check this option out.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
E3Dv6 Hotend, MK5 v6 version, Glass Bed, Anti Z backlash slop nut, SureStepr SD8825 1/32 Extruder Driver, makeshift breakaway plexiglass case; . L-Cheapo 3.8 Watt Laser Attachment w/Custom built enclosure
From Buffalo, NY, USA

27 (edited by driggers 2016-01-26 16:33:52)

Now just stick your hand under it and make an L-cheapo tattoo big_smile  (just kidding, eh.  Don't anybody do this, please).

Edit: holy crap, I'm too late.  http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Tattoo/

SD2 Sanguinololu 1.3a atmega1284p, wood platform, lawsy's carriages, braided fishing line, pallet wood overhead spool mount, carboard/magnet enclosure, glass bed, E3D v6, bed levelling knobs, extended z-stop, 25A DC-DC SSR for bed heater, everything fixed to the SD2 frame, marlin firmware with some adjustments and extra failsafes enabled.  I'll never give up on you, little printer that could(n't)!

YSB did you ever end up trying that 3dpBurner-Image2Gcode-for-MPCNC-v3 software? Did it work with the L-Cheapo if you did? I admit I never got aroud to it, because got distracted with other stuff. Seems the laser stuff is starting to peek my intrest again hehehe.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
E3Dv6 Hotend, MK5 v6 version, Glass Bed, Anti Z backlash slop nut, SureStepr SD8825 1/32 Extruder Driver, makeshift breakaway plexiglass case; . L-Cheapo 3.8 Watt Laser Attachment w/Custom built enclosure
From Buffalo, NY, USA

Actully I am reading my own old comments on this thread and I found them helpful to myself since it has been a few months. It helped spark my memory that Inkscape was an easy way to go, especailly for engraving...could be a tad trickier for cutting since every color seems to cut better or worst, but I clearly was able to do it.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

http://www.3ders.org//articles/20160722 … s-how.html

Article on using the L-Cheapo as part of your tool-chain to engrave metals. Thought you might find it interesting.