Topic: Da Vinci Jr.... Initializing Please Wait... Forever???

Hello! I am new not only to these boards, but too 3D Printing.. I threw in some money this holiday and treated myself to the Da Vinci Jr. I figured a cheap printer would be a good place to start. I removed it out of the box, downloaded the software, put in the filament, put the tape on the bed and slid back the tray. Then turned it on. The little screen has sat on "INITIALIZING PLEASE WAIT" for the past 12 or so hours... I've tried resetting the printer a few times, and the light will blink on then off. What should I do?

Re: Da Vinci Jr.... Initializing Please Wait... Forever???

Honestly I would take it back and get a refund. The Jr. has been fairly problematic for many users.  They have multiple issues so once you get passed this issue which sounds more like internal firmware so you are probably pout of luck you will still have more issues. The Jr was probably XYZ's attempt at at cheap and to target the average Joe but it failed due to it being cheaply made.

If you want to stick with it you can make sure that all the axis are in home position by moving them by hand with power off. The carriage should be in the back right corner. The bed if you can get get to the drive screw and turn by hand should be at the top just below the nozzle. Once you do that you can try turning it back on and see if it will start. Also make sure the cartridge/roll is installed correctly. It uses an NFC tag and if that tag is too far from the reader it may also cause your issue.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Thank you for your reply! If you don't mind telling me, what is the NFC tag?

Its the way this printer identifies the roll of filament, its contents, and its presence. Its a sticker that can be read electronicly by the printer. Samething as phones use that have NFC technology. It stands for Near Field Communication.

5 (edited by hydronaut 2015-12-27 04:44:23)

http://soliforum.com/i/?cizzvTZ.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?EIHM5xy.jpg

carl_m1968 wrote:

Honestly I would take it back and get a refund. The Jr. has been fairly problematic for many users.  They have multiple issues so once you get passed this issue which sounds more like internal firmware so you are probably pout of luck you will still have more issues. The Jr was probably XYZ's attempt at at cheap and to target the average Joe but it failed due to it being cheaply made.

If you want to stick with it you can make sure that all the axis are in home position by moving them by hand with power off. The carriage should be in the back right corner. The bed if you can get get to the drive screw and turn by hand should be at the top just below the nozzle. Once you do that you can try turning it back on and see if it will start. Also make sure the cartridge/roll is installed correctly. It uses an NFC tag and if that tag is too far from the reader it may also cause your issue.

I got greats print from the Jr.  Just had to fiddle with the z-offset.

hydronaut wrote:

http://soliforum.com/i/?cizzvTZ.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?EIHM5xy.jpg

carl_m1968 wrote:

I got greats print from the Jr.  Just had to fiddle with the z-offset.

You are one of the lucky ones. This one is not even starting.

Hi,  I had same problem with my. When lock good find that screw which one tight  Z axle rod to stepper motor axle loos.