Topic: Power Issues (Turns off and on mid print)

My Solidoodle press has been turning off and on mid print. Today it did it about an hour and a half into a 3.5 hour print. All the lights, fans, motors (and I assume everything else) turned off and then back on, but I cannot restart the print. Does anyone know of an issue/solution for this? Is it drawing too much power? (97º bed, 230º Extruder)
Thanks

Re: Power Issues (Turns off and on mid print)

what version of soliprint are you using this.

There is still an unresolved bug with printing completely stopping just like this.

I'd suggest to try another program and see if you have the same issue - for me the solution was just to move away from that software entirely and also try it on another pc to see if it was happening.

Best

If it physically turns off and then back on, then I doubt it's software from the PC.

This happened to me after I upgraded my heat bed. The new heat bed was drawing too much current from the stock power supply. I would upgrade the power supply to see if that would fix it.

4 (edited by AZERATE 2016-02-19 04:58:46)

I had the same problem 2 years ago. I upgraded to a Supernight for my first machine, then made it a mandatory feature on all printers. You can purchase one from Amazon or at http://www.printitindustries.com/collec … wer-supply
*shameless plug*

If you don't want to make the plunge for an upgraded PSU, try adding a fan on the board. But because you added a new bed heater, it sounds more like its chewing through some power that your current PSU cannot handle.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

AZERATE wrote:

I had the same problem 2 years ago. I upgraded to a Supernight for my first machine, then made it a mandatory feature on all printers. You can purchase one from Amazon or at http://www.printitindustries.com/collec … wer-supply
*shameless plug*

If you don't want to make the plunge for an upgraded PSU, try adding a fan on the board. But because you added a new bed heater, it sounds more like its chewing through some power that your current PSU cannot handle.

Which one is the one fore the sd press? 12 or 24v?
and it is plug and play or there is soldering involved?

24 volt and you'll need to harvest the barrel connector from your old PSU and connect to the new PSU via the screw terminals.  You'll also need an AC cord.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions