Topic: Windows 10 Drivers

I cannot connect to Repetier, and I am assuming it is because of the drivers. Does anyone know how to find/download the drivers for a Solidoodle printer in Windows 10? I have tried all the suggestions from the solidoodle website on how to select the devices on the computer, but I guess the ones I have installed are not compatible.

Re: Windows 10 Drivers

I ran the original 0.85 version from Solidoodle to set some basic parameters, then loaded and am running 1.6.0 from RH with no problems. I update the machines whenever an update comes out. Win 7, 8.1 & 10 all are running V1.6.0, the Mac is still in the stone ages with V0.56 - 'the latest version', but it works.  There is also a device driver I got from SD called 'serial install' you may try. 

Good Luck
Ski

Ender 3 Pro

Ski52 wrote:

I ran the original 0.85 version from Solidoodle to set some basic parameters, then loaded and am running 1.6.0 from RH with no problems. I update the machines whenever an update comes out. Win 7, 8.1 & 10 all are running V1.6.0, the Mac is still in the stone ages with V0.56 - 'the latest version', but it works.  There is also a device driver I got from SD called 'serial install' you may try. 

Good Luck
Ski

Thanks for the response! I have the same RH versions for my Windows 10 laptop, but I am using a Teensy USB Serial (COM 3) driver. I used your advice and looked online for a 'serial install' and downloaded a couple that I thought would work, but I have used the browse section on the update driver list and no new drivers show up. The results also say that the Teensy USB Serial is the best driver. I go into RH and my printer settings show COM30, COMe, or COM with a chinese symbol.

The file I have is very small.  I'll send you a copy if ya want. 
PM me with your E
Ski

Ender 3 Pro

Hey, can you post this driver online? Mega or something? I believe I'm having the same issue.

Don't know if this is gonna work.  If not, PM me andI'll send you a copy.  If you can D/L the file rename it from .xxx to .exe.

Post's attachments

serial_install.xxx 114.67 kb, 26 downloads since 2016-01-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Ender 3 Pro

Thanks! It functions as it should.