Topic: am I an idiot?

Hi,

I've been printing stuff out now for several days since receiving my sd2.  I thought I was doing quite well until I designed something that was 4" long by 1" wide.  I put it through skeinforge and everything worked out well generating gcode but when I go to print it the base layer prints over the edge of the heatbed???

the thing is there is room at the other end of the bed, why did skeinforge print me over the edge?

Re: am I an idiot?

jazgeek wrote:

Hi,

I've been printing stuff out now for several days since receiving my sd2.  I thought I was doing quite well until I designed something that was 4" long by 1" wide.  I put it through skeinforge and everything worked out well generating gcode but when I go to print it the base layer prints over the edge of the heatbed???

the thing is there is room at the other end of the bed, why did skeinforge print me over the edge?

Hi, no you are not an idiot. You should use ReplicatorG or something similar to recenter your prints: check this thread out http://www.soliforum.com/topic/188/pron … correctly/.

Or switch to RepetierHost which makes everything more straightforward.

Re: am I an idiot?

Thank you, I downloaded replicatorg as suggested and it helped me to re-center my object.