Topic: Ordered 3 weeks ago no reply to emails or calls and no printer!

Hello,

I am writing here in a desperate effort to get my voice heard and hopefully find a resolution to my issue. 

I ordered my printer 3 weeks ago solidoodle took my money.  I was told by their own site 3 to 5 days from NY for shipping so with the holidays I expected a slight delay but not 3 weeks!

I have sent 15 support emails using their websites support system which is AWFUL!  I have called over 10 times now no answer just a robotic machine telling me to leave a voicemail that no one replies too.

I have filed a BBB complaint but so far solidoodle has not even responded to that!

If anyone from here is with solidoodle please help me.  Where is my stuff. 

I now deeply regret ever purchasing something from the site at all. 

I mean I purchased it directly from the company so I would expect some support especially since I paid 430 dollars for the Press!

If anyone is reading this before purchasing STAY AWAY!

I really don't want to have to sue the company just to get my money back.  This is ridiculous! 

Can anyone out there help me?

Thank you.

Re: Ordered 3 weeks ago no reply to emails or calls and no printer!

Sorry about your troubles but you should read this thread: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/12450/qu … ny/page/2/

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

And you should file a chargeback with your credit card company.

elmoret wrote:

And you should file a chargeback with your credit card company.

I just filed a charge dispute with my debit card company/bank .   let them know all the details and the BBB complaint not hearing anything back so hopefully ill get my money back. 

I discovered they also double charged me as well.  Talk about a crap company.  Makerbot went downhill now it looks like solidoodle has fallen apart too. 

I guess I'm going Chinese from now on.  at least they support their products even if it is in broken english.

widespreaddeadhead wrote:

Sorry about your troubles but you should read this thread: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/12450/qu … ny/page/2/

yea thanks.  Looks like they are about to file for bankruptcy.  Apparently all of their support department was laid off.

just posting this incase anyone needs to know what appears to be going on.  it was on another discussion.  Can't verify it factually but it appears to be true so far from my own research. 

"

Former Solidoodle employee here, saw this thread and felt compelled to let everyone know what's going on - at least as far as I know, since Solidoodle doesn't say anything unless it's good news. You guys have pretty much figured it out though, Solidoodle is out of cash.

It started with the Press, which without getting into too much detail, was/is a complete disaster. Production tapped out most of our funds and the port delays meant that we weren't able to re-coup those costs as quickly as we needed. Plus, the Press pre-order campaign meant that we were pretty much shipping the printers at a net loss.

Around this time they started sporadically missing payroll here and there, but there was talk about bringing in investors so I figured we would tough it out until the round closed and once we had some operating capital we'd be able to recover. Well we closed the round, hooray! I see another poster did some digging and noticed that we refiled as a C-corp, this was part of finalizing the investment.

Turns out most of the funding was used to pay off debts and it wasn't long before the prospect of missing payroll again became a reality. Last month they called a company meeting and laid off pretty much everyone (myself included) except for those with shares and the accounting department (who were put on part-time).

Obviously there's a whole lot more to the story but the bottom line is that things don't look good. If you have an unfulfilled order, unfortunately, I wouldn't get my hopes up.  If you're looking for a refund, I would start exploring other avenues to recoup (bank, credit card, etc) because there isn't any money there, and even if there was, refunds are not very high up on the list of priorities. Spare part orders are a craps shoot depending on the part.

So that's that. I wish I came here bearing better tidings but that's the truth. I love the community here at Soliforum and it was frustrating that we weren't allowed to share with you all the realities of the situation, so I figured it was the least I could do."

Here is what I did. I emailed Solidoodle and asked for a refund, at same time I contacted my credit card company and told them that Solidoodle missed ship date and falsified claims, right when the credit card company returned my money Solidoodle called me to let me know my printer was in a box ready to go. If you do same thing you might get a shipment. I told them no and bought a used printer online.

Seems like the local Prosecuting Atty would be putting a clamp on them still taking money. They should be in receivership by now.

Robox printer, HICTOP (Prusa i3 variant) Model 3DP17 printer, ELEK 2.5W laser engraver, AutoDesk 123D Design, Windows 10

Heartlander wrote:

Seems like the local Prosecuting Atty would be putting a clamp on them still taking money. They should be in receivership by now.

You would think so but apparently not.  I hope the DA gets involved.  I sent a report to the Texas DA pertaining to companies making false claims on shipping, not being able to get a refund or replacement under warranty, and also no way to reach support. 

they are under investigation in Texas now and their right to sell here may be revoked. 

I hope New York gets on this its really making that city look bad as a major company in their city/state isn't giving good customer service and basically selling a dream but not living up to it.