1 (edited by Jadonm1 2015-12-07 16:04:04)

Topic: X axis homing issue

Hi, after letting my Press sitting in the corner for a while the x axis isn't homing. The extruder doesn't move to the right(toward the x stop) at all, instead when I try to home the x axis it moves about 10 mm to the left then stops! Then it sets that as home. I was able to move it to the right with the manual control. So I tried turning of the printer and moving the extruder manually to the end stop, then I started it up and pressed home all, after moving to the left and popping down the probe it set that place as home for the x axis, keeping it from moving back to the center to home the z. I'm using Repetier Host and I've also tried using Matter Control. I've re-flashed the firmware but no success. Any help would be very appreciated.

Re: X axis homing issue

Sounds like the X axis endstop has a loose connection or broken wire.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Hmm the wires all look good. Is there any way to see if its making connection to the computer for sure?

Yep use a continuity tester or a DMM.  Unplug it from the board and test for continuity at the plug with the switch triggered there should be no continuity and with the switch not depressed there should be continuity.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

5 (edited by Jadonm1 2015-12-05 02:35:26)

The X stop switch seems to be working just fine. But the problem still persists.

6 (edited by Jadonm1 2015-12-05 16:58:05)

Ok after taking the switch out and testing everything I couldn't find anything wrong, I put back together and everything's working fine somehow. Must have been a loose connection somewhere:) Thanks for your help.

Yep just happy you got it fixed.