Topic: lasers

At what point should the lasers turn on? When you actually start a scan, or when you run sudo ./freelss?

Re: lasers

When you turn the scanner on, the lasers are off.  You can manually toggle either or both of the lasers on manually by going to the Camera page, or they turn on automatically when you start to scan.  They flash alternately for every step of the rotation during the scan.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

So when i run sudo ./freelss and go to the web page they should be off. Then when i click start scan, they are supposed to turn on for the duration of the scan correct?

Yes, but they won't be continuously on, they will flash alternately as the turntable turns in small increments.

As I mentioned, you can verify the lasers turn on by going to the Camera page.  There you'll find 2 buttons which let you toggle the left and right lasers.  You will need to do this in order to run the physical laser alignment before you start scanning.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

I am using a raspberry pi 2 to run the freelss software. When I run the software, the lasers don't turn on, and the turn table does not move. However it still runs and takes about 6 minutes to do a scan(obviously it doesn't scan anything). please help me.

Sounds like you need to check your wirring at the small circuit board

D4S + S3d 18 months and still learning
Filastruder