Topic: Strange malfunction- some functions not working after reflash

Here is a strange one:

I'm using a Printrboard, solidoodle 4, and repetier.  I reflashed with adrian's github solidoodle firmware without issue (thanks for that thread, azerate).  My old printer is an SD2 with RUMBA.  When I went to install the printrboard drivers, it said already installed but I don't remember ever doing that.

Everything connects and homes correctly and heats up.  When I heat it up, the hit the emergency stop, it does not kill the bed heat.  It kills the extruder heat.  Does not kill fans.  I haven't started a print yet because I have to redo the Z stop adjustment, so I don't know if it kills the motor movement.  Generally, it doesn't behave as my working SD2 does when you hit the emergency stop.  I feel it is a safety issue.

Any tips to get this resolved?  Thanks!

SD4 w/ RUMBA, E3D Volcano, all bearings, glass bed

Re: Strange malfunction- some functions not working after reflash

You can find the "Disable Heated Bed After Job/Kill" box to check under printer settings tab "Printer".
The fans turning off with no activity would require a gcode control which the RUMBA supports, but the Printrboard would require a new header added with a proper firmware modification I could not help with.

"Kill Motors" would also be found on the same Printer Settings>Printer screen.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Just to be clear, the SD4 with the Printerboard is the one you're having the issue with?
In RH is there a chance you have it set to keep bed heat on after a print?  I used to do that so it didn't take so long to reheat for the next print.  The Printerboard doesn't have separate fan out pins like the Rumba does so they are always on.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Yes, it is the SD4.  I was confused about the drivers because it just connected the first time I plugged in the printer and choose the COM port.  It just used all my bed size info from the SD2 so I thought maybe it thought the SD2 was connected even though they are running on different boards.  Anyway, I'm assuming everything is working and flashed correctly because it connects and shows as "github" when connected. 

Good to know there is a check box for this, I should have looked more carefully.  I will check this out when I get home.  Thanks.

Hmm... not good.  It checked that those settings were checked and they were.  I should be more specific: when I hit the emergency stop button, it crosses out the bed heater but not the extruder heater.  Neither actually stops heating as the temps continue to rise to the target values then stay there.  So my emergency stop button is essentially not working in a strange way.  Any suggestions?  I can be pretty confident my firmware flash and drivers are working because the printer otherwise does what I tell it to.

mdrVB6 wrote:

Hmm... not good.  It checked that those settings were checked and they were.  I should be more specific: when I hit the emergency stop button, it crosses out the bed heater but not the extruder heater.  Neither actually stops heating as the temps continue to rise to the target values then stay there.  So my emergency stop button is essentially not working in a strange way.  Any suggestions?  I can be pretty confident my firmware flash and drivers are working because the printer otherwise does what I tell it to.

Under printer settings on the connection tab, what is Reset on Emergency set for?

Make sure it is set to Send emergency command and reconnect. A reconnect forces a reset.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

7 (edited by mdrVB6 2015-11-25 18:23:02)

Yes, it is set to "send emergency command and reconnect".

But it is still not killing everything like it should.  Still stuck.