Topic: Is there a way to produce two scans at once via L-R laser?

I see in the settings you can choose to output a two-colored PLY file to calibrate left and right lasers.  Unfortunately it is just a single file.

If the scanner is using with both lasers, can the scans be made into two separate files, one for each laser?  It is a mild pain in the butt to do a left laser scan, then a right laser scan.  Can't I get two scans for one button push?  smile

My scans are close, but FreeLSS seems to be making them worse when scanning with both lasers in use and then combining them for the final file.  Can it just stop before the combination and make two files?

I think it will be easier to mate the two files in Meshlab rather than try to reconcile the scans within FreeLSS.  I would at least like the option to try.

Thanks!

I'm finally back where I started two days ago.

2 (edited by Vinoh 2015-11-21 19:31:19)

Re: Is there a way to produce two scans at once via L-R laser?

Hmmm. I didn't see the point of this at first since FreeLSS automatically combines the scans. However, if 2 files were produced, I wonder if they could be processed into a 3D image?
Edit: Duh, only one camera. Never mind.

If your object is turning on a set axis and you only have one camera you can only make one scsn as it is the camera that is the source of the scan, not the lasers. They are just a light source.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Well, it looks to me like it generates two sets of data and combines them.  Just check the "Both lasers" and "Separate the Lasers" in the settings.  It says right below the separate lasers heading "Calibration debugging option to separate the results from different lasers by color (requires PLY)."

It makes one set of points from the right laser and one set from the left laser. Of course there is only one camera, but it takes two pictures for each step of revolution, one with the left laser activated, one with the right laser activated.

It does not blend them to each other however, just sticks one set of points on top of the other and combines them into one file.

I want the uncombined results.

willnewton wrote:

I want the uncombined results.

Just do 2 separate scans, one with the left laser, the other with the right laser.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

I know that. I said it in my first post, 2nd paragraph.