Topic: New ATLAS 3D Features

Version 1.12 of the ATLAS 3D software is available through the auto-update system.  This version introduces several new features that improve scan quality while also making the software easier to use.

Adaptive Thresholding
Previously, a thresholding value would need to be tested and adjusted before each scan in order to achieve good results.  This same static threshold value was applied to every row of every frame.  Adaptive thresholding is a new concept in version 1.12 that automatically detects the appropriate threshold value for each row of the frame independently.  This allows it to adapt to the unique conditions of the object at that row, The result is improved scan quality, more scan coverage of objects, and no longer needing to manually pick a threshold value.

Noise Removal
ATLAS 3D now has real-time noise removal support.  This feature uses the distance of points to their neighbors to detect and remove noisy data from the scan.  This reduces much of the post processing cleanup that is required.

Improved Primary Line Detection
ATLAS 3D now uses an energy based algorithm to choose the correct laser result in situations where multiple hits are found within the same row.  This replaces the "closest to previous row" algorithm and results in more accuracy when scanning small objects with sharp corners.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/hairu526/freelss-1.12.png

The version 1.12 features are only available via the ATLAS 3D auto-update system and are not available via Github.

Re: New ATLAS 3D Features

@ Uriah 
Now you're just showing off...... wink

All kidding aside, awesome features.  I'll post some results as soon as I get a chance.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

@ Uriah

I am definitely getting cleaner scans and find the best setting to be low threshold.  High threshold produced gaps in the mesh.  At the moment I have not found the best setting for noise as I am using a basic penguin to test so I guess performance will depend on the object being scanned and this is quite a simple object.  I assume the best threshold setting will depend on the lighting - mine is currently dim and does need improving.

Great to see continued progress with the software - keep the updates coming.  I will move on to some more challenging scans.

Hi how do you get the software to update
Cheers
Bill

D4S + S3d 18 months and still learning
Filastruder

Hi I found the update link but I am getting an error message
403 error: missing serial number
Bill

Filastruder

Bill,

You must enter your ATLAS 3D serial number on the Settings page in order to use the auto-update feature.

Uriah

7 (edited by Mwaypilot 2015-11-19 14:05:23)

Uriah I have enterd the serial but when I try to update I get the message "0 Error"
Could that be caused by not having my wifi setup
Bill

Filastruder

Uriah
I have managed to update by using cable to conect to my modem
Bill

Filastruder