1 (edited by Stanley-WeisTek 2015-11-05 04:23:48)

Topic: Topclass Filament, looking for wholesaler and distributor

Hi there!

This is Stanley from WeisTek, manufacturer of high speed 3D printer and topclass printing filament here, and we are looking for wholesalers and distributors to cooperate.

Selling point of our latest 3D printer is the speed, 450mm/sec which is 5 times faster than regular ones, checkout below video on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_pqyWL … e=youtu.be

For filament, we produce all popular material at 1.75mm and 3.0mm diameter, accuracy 0.03mm. Good enough to mark it topclass.

Below is some blabla of our company, attached is specification, any interesting or further questions please feel free to contact me here or at [email protected]

Thank you for your time reading this =]

Shenzhen Weistek Co., Ltd. was founded in 2011 are now a leading innovator and manufacturer of desktop 3D printer and printing filament in China. With 4000 square meter factory, CE, FCC, REACH, RoHS, PAHs, WEEE certifications, our customer including RS Components, Mattel, Verbatim, RadioShack, Elfa Distrelec, Conrad Electronic, Puget Technologies, GPBD, Ecomspain Conectividad.
Awards:
Best Annual 3D Printer Award of 2014 CES
The First Chinese 3D Printer Company Brand in Amazon
Gained the 2014 World's Top 10 3D Printer Award of Computer Bild
The Annual Award for Best Fashion Design of 2013 IDG
The Only Invited Chinese Company in 2012 Maker Fair (New York)
The Innovative product & application award of 2015 China Information Technology Expo
Obtained National Hi-Tech Enterprise Qualification in 2014
The Most Potential Entrepreneurial Company of 2013 Overseas students corporation
The Best Products Award of 15th China Hi-Tech Fair
Excellent Product Design of 2012 China (Shenzhen) International Original Design & Brand Fair

Post's attachments

WeisTek Filament & Printer.pdf 218.09 kb, 9 downloads since 2015-11-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
3D printer and Filament manufacturer. Looking for wholesaler and distributor.
Printer: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/12788/3d … stributor/
Filament: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/12731/to … stributor/

Re: Topclass Filament, looking for wholesaler and distributor

First of all I'd like to say that looks like a nice piece of hardware.

Here's the thing.... Let's call it a community service message.

I have seen 450 mm/sec and I can assure you that is NOT 450 mm/sec.
80 maybe 90 possibly but definitely not 450!!!
I will go way out on a limb here and speak for the community.
If you want to advertise your new product here on our forum, feel free.
If you're going to use gimmicks and flat out lie, please go elsewhere.
There are many experts in the field that are truly valued members of our community.  I will leave it to them to explain the science behind my claims.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

THANK YOU!! After the week I've had, I needed a good laugh! 450mm/s...LMFAO

*I can get up to .01mm (if inclined) with a home extruder (Filastruder) from home. I report .05mm on a bad day.
*450mm/s...where to start....this is simply not 450. Nowhere near. I print 70-80 on average and the only reason I can say could finish the job faster is because I have a .6mm nozzle currently installed.

This is straight out misinformation. Please edit or remove. While I am no engineer and cannot explain with mathematics, I can say from experience, this claim is full of excrement.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

wardjr wrote:

First of all I'd like to say that looks like a nice piece of hardware.

Here's the thing....

AZERATE wrote:

THANK YOU!! After the week I've had, I needed a good laugh! 450mm/s...LMFAO.

Well, Nice to meet you too =]

So you two don't believe the data our engineer tested, also have doubt in the new technology of fast 3D printing.

Well, I'm a sales manager, I mean not engineer or mechanical guy, so I do not know how to persuade you at that level, what I can say is, the point of our WT280S "Ideawerk Speed", is the 5 times faster printing capacity than regular ones based on the same condition, as for "450mm/sec", you have a 130mph car does not mean you drive it 130mph all the way along, right?

We have made the video to show that, but I assume that you two also doubt that too, so how about this, our company will go to CES show next Jan. surely will bring WT280S there, came to our booth, see for it yourself.

If you win, each of you can take one home for free, if I win, all I ask is we take a photo together and you post it here =]

Further more, here is an Italian company we met at last exhibition, who also released high speed 3D printer recently. FYI
http://www.dynamo3d.com/prodotti/144060 … ck-edition

Not saying it can't be done, I know it can.  In fact I have seen it in person.  Simply saying what your video shows is most definitely not at that speed.  A more honest approach would be to say what speed is used in the video.  Then because you claim speeds of 450 mm/sec, actually show those speeds in the video.  That would be the straight forward and honest way to market a new product.  It also may help your efforts to know your audience.  I wonder how many users here are engineers?  A lot!  Either show it printing at 450mm/sec or we will know that it can't. 
I'll be more than happy to retract my earlier statement if proven wrong.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

wardjr wrote:

Not saying it can't be done, I know it can.  In fact I have ...

Thanks for the attention, I have took 2 videos but they are too big to be attached here, and I do not have a youtube account since its been blocked in China.
http://soliforum.com/i/?jzuCrKf.jpg

Could you be so kind to help to receive them by email and somehow posted here?

Anyway, in one video it shows to print a big cube fully filled the build envelop, and when our WT280S printing its edge which just go right straight, it across the build plate which around 150mm in less than 0.3sec, that means its max speed can reach 450mm/sec.

Of course when it comes to the inside structure, speed surely slow down for the nozzle goes turning and circling.

The other video shows its average printing speed, which as I mention in previous post, the point is, its 5 times faster than regular 3D printer on the same condition.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I think the ultimate solution to prove that I'm not bluffing here, is that I will wait for you to visit us in next CES show, see for it yourself, we are confident. In fact, right now, my colleague are at ICEEB show (Sao Paulo, Brazil), our high speed WT280S draws enough attention to be reported by their local TV station.
http://soliforum.com/i/?zagn7wI.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?TneJXyK.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?33VrCNF.jpg

So here's the thing. In the first video you posted, you go around the perimeter of the octopus once in exactly 1 second. Based your build plate being 150mm x 150mm, that means the octopus diameter is roughly 40mm. pi * 40 = 125mm.

125mm/sec is not the same thing as 450mm/sec. You're making unsubstantiated claims.

Is that simple enough of an explanation for a sales manager? smile

You can make a printer that will move in X and Y at 450mm second, provided it has a stretch of travel long enough to reach those speeds before it has to slow back down to change direction.   Even so that doesn't mean it can print that fast.  They key metric isn't travel speed, but how much volume of plastic it can extrude, mm^3/sec.  It doesn't matter if it can move 450mm/s if it can't melt and extrude the plastic fast enough to keep up.

You might be able to run 300mm/s if printing .1mm layers, because not as much plastic has to be extruded.  However the print won't be done any faster than one printed at .3mm layers at 100mm/s.  So the question to ask your engineers is what is the maximum cubic mm of PLA can it reliably extrude per second for a given nozzle size?  That will determine how fast it can build a print made with a given amount of plastic regardless of extrusion width and layer height.

If you can extrude PLA at 10mm^3/s, then for .3 layers at .4 extrusion width your top speed is 83mm/sec.
If you use .1mm layers, then you can run up to 250mm/s and be extruding the same volume of plastic.   If your printer can run that fast without significant overshoot, vibration artifacts, or other reductions in print quality, then the high speed is great because you can print at a higher resolution without taking 3x as long.

An Ultimaker can print PLA up to around 10mm^3/sec.  To do .1mm layers at 450mm/s, your hot end would need to be able to extrude 18mm^3/sec.  Can your printer do that without using something like a 1mm nozzle?

elmoret wrote:

So here's the thing. In the first video you posted,

Thanks for the attention.

As explained in previous post, 450mm/sec is the max speed, for example, printing a straight line.

While in normal use, the nozzle has to swing according to the object you printing, for example the octopus in our video, the nozzle has to stop and swing back before it goes max speed.

For the third times, the point of our WT280S "IdeaWerk Speed", it print 5 times faster than regular printer on the same condition, in the same video as we tested, when our WT280S finished the octopus, other regular printer just made a base.

Think it this way, what is your car's max speed marked on the Speedometer? Could you car go that fast? of course it can, on a empty highway sort of. But what is the normal speed you drove in town? Then ask yourself or a car sales, is the max speed not a selling point?

Sales manager, at your service =]

I have a beat up old SD3 that can crank that octopus out in the same or less time than in the video.  I can assure you that it isn't capable of printing at 450.  Maybe if I get board I'll video a comparison.  Perhaps then you'll understand why your claims are false.  You need to take your sales manager hat off and go find a makers hat to put on before you'll understand my point.
Please remember I am only speaking for the benefit of our community.

IanJohnson wrote:

You can make a printer that will move in X and Y at 450mm second, provided it .....

Thanks for your attention, and highly appreciate your professional comment, clearly you know the meaning of max speed.

As per our engineer's test, our WT280S "IdeaWerk Speed", at 0.082mm layer, 0.4mm extrusion, extrude 14-15mm^3/sec, peak speed we had tested was 492mm/sec.

While I think you will also agree how much time to print an object, extrude speed is just one of many features, our WT280S use not SCM but embedded systems, our own algorithm of layer and path, "5 times faster" was truly what we tested. (I'm not sure if translate these engineer stuff correctly, I'm not an engineer =] )

Just like you mentioned, print at max speed will reduce its printing quality, and noise is also getting too loud, but still, at the same condition, our WT280S can bring you the same thing much more faster, that's the point.

wardjr wrote:

I have a beat up old SD3 that can crank that octopus ....

I know I can not persuade you with any words or videos, you just don't want to believe.

Our company just present this printer in ICEEB-Brazil, and get reported by their biggest TV station.

And we will present it in 3D Printshow-Dubai next week, Booth No.:111

And of course next CES show in Las vegas. Booth No.:72335

So your opinion is that we travel all over the world to get our a** kicked?

Just come to CES show, see for yourself, I will keep my word, if it is not a high speed printer, you can take one for free.

13 (edited by carl_m1968 2015-11-06 03:30:30)

I would like to point everyone's attention back to the video our guest so graciously offered us in the first post. Once you view the actual build comparison you will notice I small discrepancy.

The new so called speed Demon our guest has presented us with is printing at about 10% infill. While the two poor comparisons which we all recognize and no are by no means shabby printers are printing at 100% infill so naturally our shall we say speed demon again is going to be many layers ahead of the other two as it is only having to print 10% of each layer compared to the other two doing 100% for each layer.

I am sorry but if your going to come on here and try to sell a product and compare it to other leading brands then at least do a fair comparison on equal terms. Have all three units print the same or don't waste out time. This is false and/or rigged advertising and dishonest.

Also we don't measure as a community what a printer can do in a straight line. That metric has no real world value. We measure and over all print time for a complete layer. How fast can your printer print a complete layer because those are the real numbers we are interested in? Perimeters have never taken any printer very long, it is the infill that consumes the most time and it there that printing speed is needed.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

I would like to point everyone's attention back to the video our guest so graciously ....

Thanks for your attention, takes such close look at our video, appreciate that.

While we do run all three printer at the same infill rate, or else why we spend money to make this video, right?

The reason you get this illusion, I think is because when our WT280S printing the head of the octopus, the other two are still working on the feet, and because the feet part is flat, for a long distance view, it seems more infilled than the head, please roll back the video see when our WT280S printing the feet part, the same infill rate I think you will agree.

Here is the STL file of the octopus we use in the video, for your reference.

Post's attachments

octopus.stl 3.28 mb, 1 downloads since 2015-11-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Stanley-WeisTek wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

I would like to point everyone's attention back to the video our guest so graciously ....

Thanks for your attention, takes such close look at our video, appreciate that.

While we do run all three printer at the same infill rate, or else why we spend money to make this video, right?

The reason you get this illusion, I think is because when our WT280S printing the head of the octopus, the other two are still working on the feet, and because the feet part is flat, for a long distance view, it seems more infilled than the head, please roll back the video see when our WT280S printing the feet part, the same infill rate I think you will agree.

Here is the STL file of the octopus we use in the video, for your reference.

What I don't see is any close up shots of finished prints. 450mm/s means nothing if the print does not meet our minimum quality expectations. Most printers can print at very high speed but the finished product shows it was printed at a high speed. Of course you can always show us prints that where done at 35mm/s since wee have no way to see a print come straight off the machine. I'm sorry but I to have to agree your claims are a bit over the top. 3d Printing has been around for more than 10 years. If your speeds where possible then they would already be doing it since nothing in the machine has really changed form 8 years ago till now.

I also ma not in a position to leave work and go to a trade show across the country. So unless you can provide compelling evidence to an internet based community your going to have a hard pressed sell here.

carl_m1968 wrote:
Stanley-WeisTek wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

Thanks for your attention, takes such close look at our video, appreciate that...

What I don't see is any close up shots of finished prints. 450mm/s means ....

It is new technology, some times a small chip can make a huge change to the industry, agree? So far, we only know that Italian company I mention in previous post are doing the same thing as us, while I assume there will be soon many more, so we are present it to as many exhibition as we can, and seeking for distributor everywhere.

I know you guys have doubt on me and our printer, while we are confident, we spend money to make the video and go all over the world to present it, if my words and videos can not persuade you, and you can not go to any trade show, then the only way I can think about is we do it as company to company sample purchase, not so good at this situation I assume =[

Any suggestions how I can prove I'm not bluffing here? I'd like to give a shoot.

Just got a PM from Stanley-WeisTek:

Hi there, I have replied your post, while I happen to noticed that, Filastruder?
The www.filastruder.com?
If so, would you interested to cooperate with me at company to company level with filament I mentioned in my post? we can offer OEM service so you can still sell on your brand name.
Please send me an email at [email protected] I will be happy to send you an formal quotation if you are interested, or maybe you are not the person in your company for this topic?
Stanley

Thanks for the unsolicited spam.

elmoret wrote:

Just got a PM from Stanley-WeisTek:.....

Nothing to hide, just think it is not suitable to post here in this topic, so I sent PM.

Stanley-WeisTek wrote:
elmoret wrote:

So here's the thing. In the first video you posted,

Thanks for the attention.

As explained in previous post, 450mm/sec is the max speed, for example, printing a straight line.

But no one prints giant straight line objects, so it is a meaningless number.

Stanley-WeisTek wrote:

For the third times, the point of our WT280S "IdeaWerk Speed", it print 5 times faster than regular printer on the same condition, in the same video as we tested, when our WT280S finished the octopus, other regular printer just made a base.

Did you actually watch that video? Your printer finished in 32 minutes, the other printer finished in 90 minutes. That is not "5 times faster", nor are either of those other two printers tuned for speed.

So I extracted screenshots from the video. I don't know where else to get images of these particular parts, if you have better copies that would be helpful. The first photo is your printer, the second is the Up Plus 2 that took an extra hour. Things to note:

- Your printer shows significant ringing. This is particularly visible around the eye. It is caused by vibrations that occur as a result of driving the printer at very high speeds, higher than the motion system is able to withstand. This ringing is not apparent on the Up Plus 2's print.

- The Up Plus 2 printed a raft, yours did not. This obviously added time to the print.

- The Up Plus 2 appears to have printed support for the eyes, yours did not. This also added time to the print.

Completely unfair comparison. Photos:

http://soliforum.com/i/?rYXw1Cs.png

http://soliforum.com/i/?uIgdi7g.png

Just about any printer will move that fast if you tell it to.  This is the demo that will impress:

"Here is a print by a competing printer at 60mm/s.  It looks great.
Here is a print by the same competing printer at 250mm/s.  It looks terrible.
Here is a print by our printer at 250mm/s using the same filament and temperature.  It looks just as good as competitor's 60mm/s print."

Being able to print at 450mm/s isn't a big deal if you never want to run that fast because the quality isn't acceptable.  Just as the top speed of a car isn't a selling point when you are never going to take it to a track or the autobahn.

22 (edited by Stanley-WeisTek 2015-11-06 06:44:18)

elmoret wrote:

So here's the thing. In the first video you posted....

OK, Here we go again...

Max. printing speed is the selling point of our WT280S, like any product with a speed feature will make their ad. with its max speed as selling point.

Meaningless?

OK, maybe, but consumer buy the faster one.

OK, our WT280S print that octopus not at max speed and not 5 timers faster, but 3 times is also big deal, consumer buy the 3x one.

OK, I understand some of you don’t have time to go to trade show, but many company will, and our business will expand.

OK, maybe your TV don’t have that Brazil channel so I can not prove our success on that show, but we got us a distributor there already, http://www.acstrade.com.br/

There also are people in Brazil who put an “its impossible” conclusion first then doubting everything we said on internet, now they have to let our distributor take a bite of their profit if they want to sell WT280S, of course they can develop their own high speed printer, but that cost even more and many steps behind us.

We spend millions to promoting this printer, my team attend 15 exhibitions this year, everywhere we go WT280S draws attentions, we will see next Jan. CES show and I will post photos here.

As for the video, sorry I do not have a better copy, our marketing guys bought 2 other printers and set to the same printing parameters then recording the video and I'm not there when they do it, one of the three printer make extra support during printing  assumed to be caused by its own calculation, the other two didn't approves we did not intend to make it so, because if we want to, we shall make both other brand printer to print the support, agree?

IanJohnson wrote:

Just about any printer will move that fast if you tell it to.  This is the demo that will impress....

Can't agree more, well, except the "not selling point" point.

That's why we spend money to make that fancy video, while look what I have here...

And that's why our company doesn't just rely on that video, we attend as many exhibition as we can, when customer see for themselves, they believe, and business get done.

24 (edited by carl_m1968 2015-11-06 06:59:58)

Stanley-WeisTek wrote:
elmoret wrote:

So here's the thing. In the first video you posted....

OK, Here we go again...

Max. printing speed is the selling point of our WT280S, like any product with a speed feature will make their ad. with its max speed as selling point.

Meaningless?

OK, maybe, but consumer buy the faster one.

OK, our WT280S print that octopus not at max speed and not 5 timers faster, but 3 times is also big deal, consumer buy the 3x one.

OK, I understand some of you don’t have time to go to trade show, but many company will, and our business will expand.

OK, maybe your TV don’t have that Brazil channel so I can not prove our success on that show, but we got us a distributor there already, http://www.acstrade.com.br/

There also are people in Brazil who put an “its impossible” conclusion first then doubting everything we said on internet, now they have to let our distributor take a bite of their profit if they want to sell WT280S, of course they can develop their own high speed printer, but that cost even more and many steps behind us.

We spend millions to promoting this printer, my team attend 15 exhibitions this year, everywhere we go WT280S draws attentions, we will see next Jan. CES show and I will post photos here.

As for the video, sorry I do not have a better copy, our marketing guys bought 2 other printers and set to the same printing parameters then recording the video and I'm not there when they do it, one of the three printer make extra support during printing  assumed to be caused by its own calculation, the other two didn't approves we did not intend to make it so, because if we want to, we shall make both other brand printer to print the support, agree?

I am done with this thread, but I did want to point out. I am not sure where your marketing managers do their research. But here in the US, as far as I have seen speed is not what people are after. They want precision, dependability, reliability, repeatably, serviceability, parts, and they want that elusive .05mm and below layer height with consistency.

As for your video, I could do the same with my phone and a few minutes in Microsoft Movie Maker and some other free editing software... It would not cost a dime and be on par with that video. In fact mine would be at 1080P. Not sure who you got to do your video but if you spent more than 100 bucks to have it done you got ripped off...

I'm sorry for the bad welcome you got here, but understand this forum is mostly composed of printing veterans who know their stuff, have built their own printer of various types and even run their own startups. Your presentation is poor, it does not supply enough information and the video is biased in favor of your model. If the speeds you claim where possible they would have done it themselves by now. Again a straight line does not count in printer speed for those who are buying a printer for performance. The time it takes to print an entire layer is what we look for and then how accurate and error free that layer is.

carl_m1968 wrote:

I am done with this thread, but I did want to point out....

I agree with you too, consumer will not buy a printer that is just fast but printing all trashes.

That's why I keep mention faster at the same condition.

I don't know if you are a sales or not, here are my experiences and I'd like to share with you, if you can not draw enough attention by the first few sentences, customers will just walk away, so what is the most unique point of our latest printer WT280S that can draws most attention? here comes the answer.