Topic: Displaying oversized objects in Repetier???

I have an object that is many times larger than my Repetier print space which I hope to cut into pieces to print individually and glue together after. However Repetier shows the object warped and well above the print space. How can I bring it down to the virtual print area so I can visualize how many pieces it might need to be cut into? Drop and Center don't work for objects larger than print space.

Re: Displaying oversized objects in Repetier???

Click the button that looks like a crosshair.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

What does it do?

Rocketman wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

What does it do?

Uhm it should do what you are asking. It centers the model on the stage and sets on the stage level.

carl_m1968 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

What does it do?

Uhm it should do what you are asking. It centers the model on the stage and sets on the stage level.

I'll look for that next time I'm working on it and let you know.

Rocketman wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:

What does it do?

Oh you just meant the normal center button. That was the first thing I did. The object is so large it doesn't even touchdown on print bed when I hit the drop button. Even disppears partly at different angles. Not sure if there is a way to approximate the number of cuts needed. I'll just do several and hope each fit on bed.

Rocketman wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

Oh you just meant the normal center button. That was the first thing I did. The object is so large it doesn't even touchdown on print bed when I hit the drop button. Even disppears partly at different angles. Not sure if there is a way to approximate the number of cuts needed. I'll just do several and hope each fit on bed.

You know your beds dimensions, and you should know the objects finished dimensions. So simple math should tell you how to cut it up.

carl_m1968 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Rocketman wrote:

You know your beds dimensions, and you should know the objects finished dimensions. So simple math should tell you how to cut it up.

Well I don't use the entire print area because clips are on the corners to hold the glass and also I would need to go smaller yet to reduce curling.