Topic: updated Press firmware and now nothing works!

So I updated my firmware to SolidoodlePress_03242015.cpp.hex.  Now nothing is right!!!! The only thing that seems to work correctly is G28!

When I send G28, everything homes correctly. Then I send G29, extruder moves to eject the z probe then it just stops and I get:
C: G29
R: Eqn coefficients: a: 0.00 b: 0.00 d: 0.00
planeNormal x: 0.00 y: 0.00 z: 1.00
R: X:100.00 Y:100.00 Z:0.00 E:0.00
ok

then nothing works, i cant home anything, i have to reset.

If i try to print anything, the extruder moves to the eject the z probe then just sits and spits out filament.  the x and y do not move.  When i watch the gcode the coordinates are being sent but nothing moves but the extruder.

My theory is I have an old motherboard and this firmware will not work; just a theory. Does anyone have an older firmware hex file that i can upload and see if everything goes back to normal. My mother board says it's an SD5 REV CA

I told my parents I wanted to be a pilot when I grew up, they said I can't do both!

2 (edited by omnisurfer 2015-10-13 01:23:03)

Re: updated Press firmware and now nothing works!

Hi Helimwyatt,

I also upgraded to the SolidoodlePress_03242015.cpp.hex firmware and found that it too broke the G29 auto bed leveling command followed by printing failure. I could not find the original factory firmware so I recompiled what I believe to be the source for the first release of the firmware for the Presses. It seems to have brought my Press back but I do not make any guarantees that it is stock or what came with the Press when it shipped.

I don't know why Solidoodle does not host older versions of firmware for just such an occasion...

You will have o tweak the SolidoodlePress_AT90_firmware_upload_USB.cmd file to point to the older firmware if that is how you programmed your Press. Good luck!

SolidoodlePress - 11262014

It did not upload the attachment:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/skcwauun7thqw … p.hex?dl=0

Same thing here! Had what came shipped, flashed to the latest version on the website and it completely broke z leveling. Trying the original now

I have the same issue as helimwyatt: SD5 REV CA motherboard, upgrade to 03242015, semi-functional, but fail after homing. Thanx to omnisurfer for posting 11262014, that got me back smile  but I still want a wider probe area. Looking at a number of threads, 03242015 works for some and not others, no particular cause yet.
I diffed the 03242015 and 11262014 directories with WinMerge, I'm not a serious programmer, but:
About 6 files different, so not too bad overall
  11262014 looks like a generic printer with a few hardcoded Press things jammed in, so early stuff
  03242015 looks like it has a lot more specific and "better written" Press code - but doesn't work for me and some others
  A lot of differences on Z probing...and a few pin differences, which is a bit scary - was there a Press MB HW rev???
  It's easy to find the section in 11262014 that defines Z levelling - and that code is much simpler than in 03242015

So...
  I might try to recompile 11262014 for just a bigger leveling area and see if that works. It could take months, I'm a HW guy hmm
  Miracle of miracles, did someone rip into 03242015 and make it work for all boards?

Hmmm...11262014 isn't quite right. Everything prints ok, but during zaxis probe carriage doesn't move far enough left to drop or raise probe by about 5mm.

So I need to drop and raise the probe manually - tricky.

Any updates on FW on 11262014?

hi, does anyone found a solution for 03232015? any newer firmware? I also need more probing point, any advice?

A great idea! Anyway, for the heater cartridge, you can also buy one from e3d, 24W 25V if i remember. I used one with when i broke mine and it worked just fine. He is just a little shorter.

8 (edited by seven2099 2016-01-17 00:19:05)

Easy solution to this if you encounter this problem after you flash the upgrade.

go to gCode entry and type M502 and then M500 to save

M502 will revert to factory settings -> meaning loading up factory settings but this time on the updated firmware
M500 will save

Then you will need to type
M853 P5

This will enable more accurate bed-leveling

and then run M500 one more time to save the new parameters.

After that re-run z-axis calibration to obtain your Z-axis value

and you're ready to print again

Hello,

I am trying to update my firmware.  I recently bought this printer a few months ago and its having issues.  I thought maybe flashing the firmware might resolve some of the issues.

I am having trouble understanding the directions found here.

http://support.solidoodle.com/hc/en-us/ … 0-Firmware

I have downloaded arduino 0022 and also the latest version of arduino but the directions say

"Extract the files from the zipped folder, and open Arduino.exe
Go to Tools, Boards, and select either "[USBtinyISP]Teensylu/Printrboard" or "[BootloaderCDC]Teensylu/Printrboard]"

When I go to tools and then boards I do not see any options for USBTINYISP Teensylu/Printrboard.

The only thing I see is under burn bootloader  which shows USBTINYISP  when I click that it says there are no usb devices.

Please someone help I do not want to mess this up.

They have seemingly made this extremely hard to update.

Please see my post here

http://www.soliforum.com/post/115032/#p115032

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!