Topic: Issue with power on Atlas 3D (core kit)

Hi all, wondering if there is a circuit diagram for the power/ laser / stepper control board of the Atlas 3D kit. My issue is that with everything connected as it should be, the RP doesn't boot and doesn't seem to have any power at all. When I connect the micro usb power to the RP it boots fine ( with stepper/laser board removed and connected). I suspect the flexible cable and continuity, but any further suggestion would be appreciated.  Cheers

Re: Issue with power on Atlas 3D (core kit)

Does the power switch click when you depress it?  Make sure that you have the cable oriented the correct way as described in the assembly instructions (detach and reattach it).  Then detach and reattach the power switch wires.

Power switch clicks, power passing thru to semis and to header. Flat ribbon orientateted as per instructions. All wires removed and reconnected. Still no power or life from the RP.

Given the above, I think it's very likely that the ribbon cable is the culprit.  Are you using the black 40-26pin cable or the grey 26 pin cable?

All sorted out now. The flat ribbon didn't seem to be making sufficient internal contact, so pushed tightly and the system came to life. Time for some calibration.