Topic: settings

Hi Guy's i need help with slic3r settings after i install E3D hotend on my solidoodle 2 i did the changes on the marlin firmware but my prints are not looking so good they look rough and to much thick lines please help

Re: settings

It would help a bit if you could post a picture or two of the quality.
After installing the E3D, you want to recalibrate the extruder, adjust your VREF for E, and be certain the fan is turning.

As long as you assembled correctly and made the proper adjustments in the firmware, this should be a fairly straightforward fix.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Thank you i will try to post a picture because i can't finish nothing stars fine and half way stays on the air trying to print and the print the i got so far is small, got couple of good solid lines but missing spots.

http://soliforum.com/i/?1cKOy7A.jpg

i use slic3r do you know something better to print and slice

You have bigger problems than what slicer to use.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

The one with Repetier v1.5.6 is the version is 1.2.2 what software you recommend me