Topic: Encoder buffer callback error

I'm using the github install of freelss and getting an error I did not have on the kickstarter SD card. Whenever I select the 5 Mpixel resolution setting, I get the following: "ERROR Error enabling the encoder buffer callback". Then, whenever I select any resolution, I get "ERROR camera component couldn't be enabled"

Rebooting fixed it at first when it came back up in a lower resolution setting. (I have not figured out how to stop freelss once I've start it). However, then it would not start up since it had saved the high res state. I fixed it by editing the properties file so it would not select that resolution but I still cannot use hi res.

I have more detailed terminal messages if you need them.

--Dave

Re: Encoder buffer callback error

Hairu,

Now that I've got the installation all sorted out, I'm left with the camera error when using hi res video mode. Not a huge deal since I simply use the still mode which works fine. Apparently this is a problem running on the latest Raspian version which I installed prior to installing your github version.

Any plans to fix this issue, if possible?

Really enjoying the scanner and FreeLSS. Thanks.

--Dave

Dave, I'm aware of the problem.  I haven't looked into it yet but I plan to soon.

Dave, I received the above error immediately after updating to the latest version of Raspbian (kernel 4.1.6+ #810) but it went away once I rebooted the Pi and then rebuilt the software with the following commands.

make clean
make startup

Try rebuilding the source and let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.

hairu526 wrote:

Dave, I received the above error immediately after updating to the latest version of Raspbian (kernel 4.1.6+ #810) but it went away once I rebooted the Pi and then rebuilt the software with the following commands.

make clean
make startup

Try rebuilding the source and let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.

Nope. The 2 commands executed fine but no change in the problem.

--Dave

FYI, as I said in another post, FreeLSS 1.10 fixes this problem with the hi res video mode. Thanks!

--Dave