1 (edited by vingigu 2015-08-10 10:16:09)

Topic: heated bed broken

My heated bed broke a month ago, since then i have contacted Solidoodle but they are not receiving any spare heated bed.
Is there a compatible heated bed i could buy on internet.

Post's attachments

IMG_20150622_210827.jpg
IMG_20150622_210827.jpg 1.12 mb, 2 downloads since 2015-08-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: heated bed broken

I replaced mine with a 120v heater pad and a solid state relay to run it. Of course, I did also have to update my firmware with the proper PID settings to make the temperature rock steady.

noslenwerdna wrote:

I replaced mine with a 120v heater pad and a solid state relay to run it. Of course, I did also have to update my firmware with the proper PID settings to make the temperature rock steady.

Thanks for sharing (all nine times). This is not a mod for the inexperienced or faint of heart.  I have been running mine for well over two years.  I still would caution anyone considering this mod.  Do your homework and be sure you understand the risks.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

4 (edited by grob 2015-10-12 04:35:17)

^^ +1 wardjr's caution

To noslen's credit, only 5 times. tongue

SD3. Mk2b + glass, heated enclosure, GT2 belts, direct drive y shaft, linear bearings, bowden-feed E3D v5 w/ 0.9° stepper
Smoothieboard via Octoprint on RPi

Check e bay seller 3Dheatbeds.com  they make these in USA.

Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

grob wrote:

^^ +1 wardjr's caution

To noslen's credit, only 5 times. tongue

True I lost count, but still.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I got the exact same problem, three months abd no spare parts...