Topic: Cannot get printer to work even with second nozzle

I received my printer in late December. I was able to print about 3 parts with it and then nothing.

Basically after about 5-10 minutes I would get nothing but crumbs out of the nozzle.

I have tried the following:
1) Slow the speed to half - some improvement but not a solution
2) Increase temperature to 210 - a little better but would often loose control and then shut off
3) Replaced hot end (60$ down the drain) - worked for about 2 more prints then bad again
4) Tried to get help from "support" - all I got was RTFM. Would love to but they neglected to produce one. Not even a suggestion on calibration.

I am trying to run at 200 on the extruder but I get very spotty results.

Oh yes, it must be a clog. But then why would the problem persist with a new hot-end?

Has anyone actually gotten one of the lemons to work? I have a co-worker who has not had a single problem with his printer. I used his exact profile for Slic3r and even borrowed some filament that he has been able to print with.

Re: Cannot get printer to work even with second nozzle

Is the gear slipping against the filament?

Do you have a crap spool of filament, have you tried multiple spools?

chuey wrote:

I received my printer in late December. I was able to print about 3 parts with it and then nothing.

Basically after about 5-10 minutes I would get nothing but crumbs out of the nozzle.

I have tried the following:
1) Slow the speed to half - some improvement but not a solution
2) Increase temperature to 210 - a little better but would often loose control and then shut off
3) Replaced hot end (60$ down the drain) - worked for about 2 more prints then bad again
4) Tried to get help from "support" - all I got was RTFM. Would love to but they neglected to produce one. Not even a suggestion on calibration.

I am trying to run at 200 on the extruder but I get very spotty results.

Oh yes, it must be a clog. But then why would the problem persist with a new hot-end?

Has anyone actually gotten one of the lemons to work? I have a co-worker who has not had a single problem with his printer. I used his exact profile for Slic3r and even borrowed some filament that he has been able to print with.

We're always here to help, and it might be best if you'd give us a skype, as your problem looks a little frustrating. When did you get the new hot end?

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.