Topic: The problem with the scale

When scanning of the object, its scale and width / height ratio does not correspond to the actual dimensions. I think maybe I should try to add the coefficients in the formula in the code. Tell me how to get rid of this? Thanks in advance!

Re: The problem with the scale

Hiro, have you performed the hardware calibration steps outlined in the link below?
http://www.murobo.com/start.html#calibration

Also, you should update to the latest version of the software (from the SETTINGS page) and perform the auto-laser calibration detailed in this link.
http://www.soliforum.com/post/98712/#p98712

3 (edited by hiro-pr 2015-07-27 17:11:49)

I have freelss v1.8 and I have successfully completed the auto-calibration lasers, but all the same size width, height and depth are not proportional. I had to solve the problem code change freelss file LocationMapper.cpp adding coefficients right here:
// Store the ray origin
ray-> origin.x = x * 1.58;
ray-> origin.y = y * 0.9622;
ray-> origin.z = z * 1.58;

Hi I'm having a similar issue where I have calibrated my scanner, I am running freelss v1.9 but my scans taper in the vertical direction for example a cylinder will be slightly cone shaped or a nice round orange looks more onion shaped. I have tried adjusting the camera hieght, Z distance and laser x distance but no success.

My scanner is a slightly modified piclop from thingiverse.

Thanks in advance

Riz

how long til we can buy the scanner kit? have all pre-orders been filled yet? also I have a donor PI one I would like to use if it is still made for it. and I plan to use it on my WinXP puter still also

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

We are in the final stretch of Kickstarter fulfillment and have an announcement coming soon :-)