1 (edited by brightwing 2015-06-23 05:16:37)

Topic: Buildtak

http://www.buildtak.eu/

Really cool and I've heard people say good things about it. Anybody know if there is a supplier in North America?

edit: Apparently Inventibles carries them in the states. In Canada I've only found staples selling 5.5"x5.5" which is rather small...

Folgertech Kossel Kit

Re: Buildtak

Unless you print only ABS or you dont have a glass plate, this would be over kill. PLA will stick like crazy to bare clean glass heated to around 50 to 60.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I have heard good things about it as well, but personally, I don't see the need to spend money unnecessarily.

A bare glass plate (actually a cut down cheap mirror tile) heated to 60C works beautifully for PLA.

Same glass plate (mirror tile) with a generous application of Aqua Net Super Extra Hold hairspray and 105C works a treat for sticking ABS.

A can of the hairspray is only like $3.00 and lasts a long time.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

heartless wrote:

I have heard good things about it as well, but personally, I don't see the need to spend money unnecessarily.

A bare glass plate (actually a cut down cheap mirror tile) heated to 60C works beautifully for PLA.

Same glass plate (mirror tile) with a generous application of Aqua Net Super Extra Hold hairspray and 105C works a treat for sticking ABS.

A can of the hairspray is only like $3.00 and lasts a long time.

+1...

I tried BT a few months ago and COULD NOT get it to work with ABS.  After 20 or so attempts I tore it off the build plate and am happily back to glass and hairspray.  Apparently, it is killer for PLA...

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Glass and hairspray, that's a crazy idea wink

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

6 (edited by heartless 2015-06-23 13:42:24)

wardjr wrote:

LOL big_smile  yup, crazy idea indeed!

(Elmer's washable school glue stick works, too....) wink

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater

wardjr wrote:

I guess one could also use it underneath the glass to stick the glass to the bed??

WOOOOAAAAAH.

http://www.createitnow.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Untitled65.png

SD3. Mk2b + glass, heated enclosure, GT2 belts, direct drive y shaft, linear bearings, bowden-feed E3D v5 w/ 0.9° stepper
Smoothieboard via Octoprint on RPi

grob wrote:
wardjr wrote:

I guess one could also use it underneath the glass to stick the glass to the bed??

WOOOOAAAAAH.

http://www.createitnow.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Untitled65.png

now that is an even crazier idea! wink

grob wrote:
wardjr wrote:

WOOOOAAAAAH.

now that is an even crazier idea! wink

At least 2 out of 11000 paid attention, I feel so flattered wink

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Make that 3, I do the same.

SD4 w/ RUMBA, E3D Volcano, all bearings, glass bed

Make it 3-1/2...I do it on my SD2, but not on the Ord Bot...Ord Bot has no solid platform; just a flexible PCB and a piece of glass, so binder clips are the solution for now.

So I guess that's 0.0318% of users on this board!

Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate

Wardjr, nowhere to go but up!  And of course we cannot count the silent masses who have adopted your method that are obviously too busy making great prints to post on it big_smile

IronMan wrote:

Wardjr, nowhere to go but up!  And of course we cannot count the silent masses who have adopted your method that are obviously too busy making great prints to post on it big_smile

(Silently massed, building the Folger Kossel) Count me as 4th, or 4.5th?

Don: Folger Tech 2020 Kossel Rev A + Borosilicate + Snow Effector
        Davinci 1.0 + Repetier : Filastruder
        SD3 + RAMPS + Lawsy Carriages + E3D + Borosilicate + ... : Cupcake

I've used BuildTak on my SD2 for a couple months now. I only print ABS and heat my plate the same as with Kapton. I've had stuff stick so much that I tore the original sheet trying to remove my last print. It worked well, almost too well. Even after cooling, it held firm. I haven't used glass yet, I used this to replace the Kapton. It lasted a long time before I tore it. In my opinion, it is a good product if you don't use glass. Amazon carries it. I purchased the 6.5X6.5 sheets for my SD2.

SD2
E3D V6
MK5 V6