Topic: how to set up second printer?

Hi I have a da vinci 1.0 that I use with repetier host and slicer.  I just build my own first printer smartone 200, but not sure what to do next to get it up and running?
the person I bought it from says it has the repetier 0.91 firmware already installed.  I am at not sure what to do next, I would like to run both printers using the same repetier host software  and use the new printer with the SD card / lcd screen that came with it.

Re: how to set up second printer?

Hit disconnect, unplug the old printer and plug in the new one; then set up a new printer profile in RH by changing the bed size, select a different Com port (maybe COM4), etc.  Then save under a different name in the drop down box.

Pretty sure this is what I did when I added mine...it's been awhile.

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Thanks, I did that but still not sure what to do? When I hit connect in reptier host it says connected but then what do I do?
my LCD screen on my new printer just has two lines going across it?  I am sure somthing has to be uploaded to get it to work correct?

If your LCD screen does not show anything but 2 lines going across there is probably no firmware installed on your board.  I don't know much about your new printer...do you know which motherboard it is?  You will probably need to flash a new firmware onto it...

Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate

Ramps 1.4  mega 2650 combo

6 (edited by IronMan 2015-06-05 23:29:15)

Should not be a big problem to flash; but before that, when you turn the printer on, and it is unplugged from the computer USB, do you have no reaction from the LCD screen?

And then, try plugging in the USB to the computer and tun the printer on...any difference?  Reason I ask is some RAMPS boards are wired to get the LCD control power only from the 5v USB connection...

Also, I'm afraid I have an engagement this evening and will not be available for any more input for tonight...

Hi with the usb unpluged then i turn on printer power lcd screen will light up with just the two blocked lines

Same if usb pluged in

hansen644 wrote:

Same if usb pluged in

When you plug in the USB, does the computer acknowledge it being plugged in? What does it show up as under com ports in your device manager?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Hansen644,

OK...just re-reading the thread.  Forget about the LCD for now...You say that when you hit Connect on the RH software it seems to connect.  Can you then command the axes to home and then move them around using the RH manual control panel?

HI no I can not move anything. I also can not see EEprom in repetier host.

Here is a pic of what I see on the LCDhttp://soliforum.com/i/?QPShaYx.jpg

13 (edited by IronMan 2015-06-06 13:41:45)

So you can't move anything with RH but RH reads "Connected"...do you get any temp readings on the bed or hot end or can you turn them on?

Pardon my questions, just trying to get a complete picture...

HI it does not show temps or anything.  it does not show firmware version or printer information in repetier host

"Virtual Printer" ???

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Sorry take that back it does show extruder temp  bed temp is missing on the screen?

extruder does seem to warm up

And I can bump the stepper motors now after re uploading some firmware.  Not sure if I am using the correct setting on the repetier firmware though

19 (edited by IronMan 2015-06-06 14:02:57)

Does Homing work now as well?

Edit:  What did you upload?

well after messing with different firm ware uploads RH does now show the firware version and printer but the LCD screen still the same?

I suggest verifying that the printer actually works (prints) connected to your computer, and then focus on the LCD...

Ok, no it does not work yet. I am not sure what setting to list when uploading the firmware

You said your heaters work and the motors are moving...is this still the case?  Can you Home axes?

Seems that I can only bump one stepper one time and then nothing.  and heat bed still not showing in rh

Admittedly I am not familiar with Repetier firmware...here is a link that may help:

http://www.repetier.com/documentation/r … rst-tests/

Otherwise, double-check under RH settings:
Config/Printer Settings:
Select: Serial Connection
Port: COM4 (or whatever number you have defined) NOT Virtual Printer
Baud Rate - 250000

See if that helps...anyone else with Repetier Firmware experience, please chime in!  From here I will just be throwing darts partially blindfolded tongue