Topic: Found a good filament storage box

I finally stumbled across a reasonably priced storage tote that is actually air tight. The Container Store sells them in various sizes and it turned out there was a store near me, so I picked up the 46.6qt one for about $14. It has 4 clips to hold the lid down and a gasket around the edge of the lid. I actually believe it really is air tight.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/stor … mp;N=71226

I've got my spare filament stashed in it now along with a damp rid canister, so hopefully it will all stay nice and dry now.

Re: Found a good filament storage box

yep Walmart sells a Ziplock version with 6 clips and clear lid for same cost
got 12 rolls in mine and need another for more different rolls needed

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I have several of the container store bins in the shop for filament, pellet, and colorant storage. They work really well, especially with a rechargeable desiccate.

www.Revolve3D.com
[email protected]
3D Printer Filament, ABS Pellets, PLA pellets, Colorant, and Accessories

I keep mine in ziptop bags, but I should look into a better storage option. Need to dry out all the filament first, some have been sitting out for quite a while and it gets humid here in chicago.

SD3 w/ RUMBA (8825s), merlin hot end (in pieces). Ender3 w/ silent board for PLA printing. Ender5 w/ silent board, e3d v6, new z lead screw, and glass bed. DiY Kossel w/ smoothieboard (in pieces). Vellman Vertex (in pieces)
Shapeoko2 router in process of being converted to laser engraver (in pieces)
Multicam 5000 series CNC Router w/ 11HP spindle, 5x10' table, and auto tool changer (in pieces)