1 (edited by graham 2015-05-10 15:14:34)

Topic: Freelss not starting?

I have followed the instructions in Github and the other threads here and make appears to complete correctly, but when I issue the frills command I get this:

pi@Atlas3D ~/freelss $ sudo ./freelss
sudo: unable to resolve host Atlas3D
sudo: ./freelss: command not found
pi@Atlas3D ~/freelss $ pwd
/home/pi/freelss
pi@Atlas3D ~/freelss $ ls -l
total 52
drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi  4096 May 10 08:04 config
drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi  4096 May 10 08:04 contrib
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 35122 May 10 08:04 LICENSE
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi  1532 May 10 08:04 README.md
drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi  4096 May 10 08:06 src

Where is the executable placed?  Any suggestions on making freelss run correctly?  (BTW, I'm running on a headless pi, not (yet) connected to any hardware).

Cheers

2 (edited by 8-Bits 2015-05-10 17:25:36)

Re: Freelss not starting?

You will need to find which directory the compiled executable "freelss" program is located.  It should be in /home/pi/freelss/src.  If it is, try the following:

cd /home/pi/freelss/src
sudo ./freelss

John

John

Maker Farm Prusa i3 kit (a very good first printer kit)
Printrbot Simple Metal kit (worked great from the start) ++ FlashForge Creator Pro (RTR out of the box)
Atlas 3D Scanner (KS Backer kit with mods)

3 (edited by graham 2015-05-10 18:46:52)

Thanks!   Moved it to /bin and it seems to start OK.  It fails as I have no picam connected, but that's to be expected :-)

Cheers
G

graham wrote:

Thanks!   Moved it to /bin and it seems to start OK.  It fails as I have no picam connected, but that's to be expected :-)

Cheers
G

The reason I left the executable in "freelss/src" is that currently when you do a FreeLSS version upgrade you have to delete the main "freelss" directory including all its sub directories and files. 

I don't know yet how Uriah has the automatic update working, or what the directory structure will be, but it may affect what we are doing.

John

John

Printrbot Simple Metal kit (worked great from the start) ++ FlashForge Creator Pro (RTR out of the box)

8-Bits wrote:

The reason I left the executable in "freelss/src" is that currently when you do a FreeLSS version upgrade you have to delete the main "freelss" directory including all its sub directories and files. 
John

If you are upgrading from the Github then you should be able to just type the following (from the freelss/src directory) instead of deleting directories and files.

make clean && make

Also, if you want FreeLSS to start when the system is powered on, then you can type the command below.  This will copy the freelss binary to /usr/local/bin and make the necessary changes so that it is executed when the Pi boots.

make startup

6 (edited by 8-Bits 2015-05-11 00:35:44)

@Uriah

Thank you for the "clean install" syntax.

With respect to the auto-startup I had created the script below and edited "profile" to run it on power up.  Is "Startup" a similar script?

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/pi/freelss/src
sudo ./freelss

BTW, what I did to make the Atlas scanner run as an appliance is in the Dropbox document I posted on the G+ forum.  As you can tell the Linux OS's is not my preferred OS environment. :)

John D.

John

The "make startup" command installs FreeLSS as a system service and tells the system which runtimes it should execute in.  The script itself is a derivative of the default "skeleton" script that comes with the Raspberry Pi and is located in the "config" directory.

hairu526 wrote:

The "make startup" command installs FreeLSS as a system service and tells the system which runtimes it should execute in.  The script itself is a derivative of the default "skeleton" script that comes with the Raspberry Pi and is located in the "config" directory.

Thanks again.  I will add that method to my Raspbian knowledge base.

John

John