1 (edited by Jonathan 2012-08-20 19:36:34)

Topic: High resolution Printing

On the solidoodle web site it mentions high resolution printing with a layer thickness of .01 mm. Which will produce "top notch prints" . How does one go about changing the layer height from .03 to .01 and what other settings would need to be tweeked to do this? And can any one print off a small sample part at both settings and post pictures so we can see the difference?

Re: High resolution Printing

Its .1 & .3 layers...not .01.

Im extermely interested in this myself and have mentioned it a few times around the forums but there is yet to be a clear definitive answer.

Settings to print a small piece at .1 layers would not be the same as printing something large at .1 meaning you need to alter settings according to how long the layers will take to print amongst many other things.

I was hoping it was going to be easy and solidoodle or 1 of the kind people in the forums might offer up some settings or profiles etc....nothing yet

Ive already noticed the amount of interest people are taking in high res printing, I just hope solidoodle take notice and maybe down the track spend a bit of time and research on the subject. I think people new to 3d printing have a different image in there head about the quality of a 3d print, when they realise you can see layers/imperfections they automatically look at low layers heights to get good quality finishes.

I think at this stage its about experimentation.
Once im setup with my printer and everything is runny smoothly im going to dive into high res printing with the solidoodle.

Im sure as time goes on and more people get printers settings & advice will start to come through.

Re: High resolution Printing

Below are some links to existing discussions in the solidoodle google group about low layer heights

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr … 1z4Jhhpz4U

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr … KwASMGY9fQ

Only thing I can suggest is start googling high res printing articles/blogs/forums etc and just get as much info as you can in regards to settings and ways to go about it.