Topic: Sketchup help (again)

Once again I am struggling to make a part in sketchup that I can easily visualize.  Can anyone help me with the attached part?The design intent should be clear by looking at it.  I need to push the circle on the top and bottom all the way thru.  But doing that leave a solid thru the other hole. 

It would be great if someone could help me with this.  It would be even better if you could tell me how you did it because I spent almost 2 hours on this today and the part is still not finished.  Thanks for any help!

Post's attachments

Y motor mount 3.skp 125.52 kb, 11 downloads since 2015-04-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
SD4 w/ RUMBA, E3D Volcano, all bearings, glass bed

2 (edited by wire10ga 2015-04-12 13:44:57)

Re: Sketchup help (again)

This should be what you want.

Trick is to make two solids components then subtract one from the other using "Solid Tools"  Had to do it in 8 as I dont have the tools in 2015.

Left the parts in the model so that you can get an idea how it was done.

Post's attachments

Y motor mount 3.skp 427.54 kb, 3 downloads since 2015-04-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

Thanks!  I will have to google "solid tools" in sketchup and see what comes up.  I have no idea how to subtract objects, I have only used the push/ pull tool.  Thanks again.

SD4 w/ RUMBA, E3D Volcano, all bearings, glass bed

No problem, glad I could help.

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

mdrVB6 wrote:

Thanks!  I will have to google "solid tools" in sketchup and see what comes up.  I have no idea how to subtract objects, I have only used the push/ pull tool.  Thanks again.

Solid tools is only available for Pro users after the trial period. I did find a free extension that is supposed to do the same thing, but I haven't tried it so I can't comment on its effectiveness.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi