Topic: Run Job not working

Hi all,

I received my Solidoodle 2 Wednesday 16th Jan. (5 months after ordering it, but that is a separate thing). After troubleshooting it wed, thurs and friday I managed to get it to start printing properly.

I have been using Ian Johnsons configs from his blog (the original config, .3mm config and .1mm config)
I have had varying success.

Today I started printing the standard door handle for the door. (can be found on thingiverse).
Was going great had 3 mins left at .1mm config then the y axis went and so instead of making circles it started going just back and forth along the x axis and up and down on the z axis.

I worked out that a black screw had come out of one of the silver round things (sorry not great with technical talk regards to the printer yet) So this was the reason why the y axis wasn't working.

I managed to get it back in and the y axis started working, unfortunately I wasn't careful enough and it slammed against the front of the printer mainframe.

Since then the printer -will- heat the extruder if I click it manually on but -will NOT- heat up if i click "run job" from repetier.

Has the bash caused this or have I over done it with the printer?
Any help would be great. The only advice I have found is that the wire might have come out but it hasn't I have checked the ones I can see.

If I haven't been clear enough please let me know.
Thank you so much in advance.
Helen aka zankrep

Re: Run Job not working

sorry to hear you're having problems. Did you restart the software? I had trouble running consecutive jobs without restarting repetier.

Hey,

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I literally got it working again. I left it for a couple of hours came back and it all came back.

Unfortunately I now have an intermittent y axis issue. It is all down to the black screw! I have tightened it again and it is working again. Any ideas on how to fix this completely?

I will provide a picture of the screw I mean for reference later. But any help in the mean time would be greatly appreciated.
Helen

4 (edited by Rondavouz 2013-01-20 22:46:02)

Please provide a pic before you run it more so we can se what is going on..

You should always start by pressing the "home" buttons to 0 the coordinates, but it shouldn´t move unless it´s not setup right before homing  "home" 0 0,0,0 x,y,z , do this by pressing all "home" separate

Looking at the printer from the front:
Homing X should but the head to the far most right
Homing Y should but it as far back as possible
Homing Z should raise the bed and start right under the hot end.
Be prepared to pull out the powerplug if any of these movements re going in the wrong direction.

Did one of the loose screws go here, or somewhere else?
http://forumbilder.se/CD31N/img-1766.JPG
http://forumbilder.se/CD31N/img-1767.JPG

zankrep wrote:

Hey,

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I literally got it working again. I left it for a couple of hours came back and it all came back.

Unfortunately I now have an intermittent y axis issue. It is all down to the black screw! I have tightened it again and it is working again. Any ideas on how to fix this completely?

I will provide a picture of the screw I mean for reference later. But any help in the mean time would be greatly appreciated.
Helen

I have always clicked home I just over did the testing when my y axis broke. The pictures taken dont show if screw. I will take one and upload it later.
Thank you for your help.

Please find a picture of the screw I mean below. I printed for an hour yesterday without issue.
Think I just need to tighten it every so often after a print. And before a print.

Post's attachments

DSC_0077.JPG
DSC_0077.JPG 806.59 kb, 2 downloads since 2013-01-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

zankrep,

I have the same problem, in the uk we call these grub screws. i had to tighten mine after two ours or so of printing, I'm tightening it up after every print just now but plan to get some loctite to lock the thread in to prevent it turning back on itself. Would have been nice if there was a flat machined into the rod so the grub screw has a flat surface to lock onto.. Given the amount of motion on the Y axis - back and forth - you would think this would be the way to go due to vibrations. Yesterday the grub screw that holds the toothed drive screw on to the extruder motor backed off too... similarly, a little machined keyway on the motor shaft would be the way to go!

There grub screws are nothing but problems. Thank you for the help. Let me know if the loctite works. :-) other than that I am having good fun!!! :-D

zankrep wrote:

There grub screws are nothing but problems. Thank you for the help. Let me know if the loctite works. :-) other than that I am having good fun!!! :-D

We're glad you're up and running! Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.