Topic: I need a way to compensate for extruder "pen width"?

When printing a model, holes become smaller, protrusions wider, distances between things adjust if on a curve or straight. This is all due to the thickness of the plastic not being taken into account in Skeinforge.

Most comments on similar questions have suggested over sizing or under sizing parts of your model to compensate.

Are there any settings in Skeinforge (I looked but not too familiar with most of the terminology) that can make the gcode take into account the pen width so the model prints out the size you actually want it.

It seems like an obvious feature, most of the variables are controlled by the tool already, why shouldn't it be able to take this into account too.

Any suggestions will be great fully received.

Re: I need a way to compensate for extruder "pen width"?

Oversizing and undersizing parts is what regular CAM programs do when they generate gcode, and with nice features like that included they usually cost quite a bit. CAM programs like mastercam, bobcad/cam, meshcam, rinocam,.etc... all ghave the ability to generate gcode for exact cuts but I am not sure if you can use any of these for additive machining??? maybe someone else will chime in about that... I use a program on my plasma table that will allow you to save the dxf file after it is resized for interior and exterior parts so in theory this would work I've just been too busy to try it as I usually just make models specifically for the extrusion printer.