Re: Huge issue need help ASAP

Lasercigusa wrote:

Sure! Here they are

Well I see two glaring issue and one that could be.

Under Basic settings, Filament is set for 2.75 WHY?
Should be 1.75. At that setting it will put out less filament and under extrude.

Under Advanced settings your Nozzle size is set for .5 WHY?
Should be .4 for a Da vinci.

The last issue that could also be a problem is the print speed under the basic settings. You have it set for 100. I don't really feel the Da vinci can do over 60 especially at your layer height of .2.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Okay, fixed filament, but still shifted. I closed Cura and restarted my printer, and it still shifted. Now it's disturbing because it did it with slicer too. Not just cura. So it may very well be a printer issue. Any thoughts?

Lasercigusa wrote:

Okay, fixed filament, but still shifted. I closed Cura and restarted my printer, and it still shifted. Now it's disturbing because it did it with slicer too. Not just cura. So it may very well be a printer issue. Any thoughts?

Is your filament binding as it feeds? Does your carriage and all axis move freely with no power applied?

Yes absolutely.

No it's not binding at all

Basically what's happening is its printing the first layer pretty slow, normal, then it ramps up the speed for the infill and that's when it starts shifting. Now keep in mind, even though I may have the travel speed higher than what you suggested, I have done about 25 prints flawlessly at the same speeds before I started having problems.

Lasercigusa wrote:

Basically what's happening is its printing the first layer pretty slow, normal, then it ramps up the speed for the infill and that's when it starts shifting. Now keep in mind, even though I may have the travel speed higher than what you suggested, I have done about 25 prints flawlessly at the same speeds before I started having problems.

Well if you have gone back to known working settings and slicer then still het shifts, that only leaves hardware. Things from the top of my head would be loose belts, failing motor, failing motor driver, over heating motors, and not much else I can think of. If your board is the older one with the drivers mounted to carriers that are plugged into sockets then you could swap the axis that is skipping for the extruder driver and see if the issue goes away on that axis. If it does then you might be able to replace the drivers. I have not looked in depth but they appear to be Polulu or syepstick clones. If they are not on sockets then not much you can do driver wise but replace the board with another stock or different controller.

It is harder but you could also swap the z motor for on of the skipping axises as well to confirm if a motor is an issue.

Then you could just be going to fast for the board and motors and they are misding steps. To test that just print something at a normal speed like 45mm/s.

How would you reinstall the motor drivers?

And it almost seems like it's a software issue still because it screws up at almost the exact same place every time

35 (edited by carl_m1968 2015-03-22 15:34:47)

Lasercigusa wrote:

And it almost seems like it's a software issue still because it screws up at almost the exact same place every time

Does this happen on the sample model when pronted from the sd card?

If not then it is software and that means you need to figure out if it is host or slicer. If need be uninstall every thing and go back to square on. Always start with the basics and calibration.

Reharding motor drivers. Reready post. The drivers are actual circuits that may or may not be a part of the main controller.

Here's the prints and they mess up at the exact same spot, one is cura one is slic3r

Post's attachments

image.jpg
image.jpg 1.33 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Doesn't matter the feedrate. It did it at 30, 80, 100, and 150. But I think I may have a theory. Doesn't the computer upload the g-code to the SD card built in when you print directly from the computer? Because it does the exact same thing when I print from the SD. Could the SD be corrupt??

Does your print only shift to the left (if you are facing the front of the printer?)  my printer was working flawlessly and now every couple of prints (most of them though) I'm getting layer separation on my x axis. Because it doesn't happen every time it makes it very hard to diagnose, also I watched it mess up this morning no play in belt.???

I'm running a 1.0A on RH 0.9 as well. This is new issue but a HUGE pain my success to failure ratio was 10:1 now it's 1:10.

Not sure how to fix it either i'm using S3D but I had the same issue in Cura

Lasercigusa wrote:

Doesn't matter the feedrate. It did it at 30, 80, 100, and 150. But I think I may have a theory. Doesn't the computer upload the g-code to the SD card built in when you print directly from the computer? Because it does the exact same thing when I print from the SD. Could the SD be corrupt??

If you have installed Repetier firmware it no longer writes to the sd card. It prints live mode now meaning if you unplug the usb or turn off the computer the print will stop once the buffer empties. Usually about 30 seconds.

So I doubt it is the card since Cura nor Repetier host use it. All it is used for now is to store the EEPROM dat that the firmware uses to configure the printer.

That shift is being caused by a hardware glitch of some kind. Is it always in the same direction? Try rotating your object 45 degrees before printing. If the shift also rotates then chances are it is still related to software. If it still shifts in the same direction then it is hardware.

I dont know how you feel about sharing your STL, but if you could post one of the failing ones where we could try it, we can at least rule out the STL.

Not trying to Hi-Jack but I am having a very similar issue. I figured out some important information last night though. I thought it might help someone who knows more than me about this printer to figure it out.

If I only print my model towards the back of the printer (towards the z-axis bars) the item will print fine. It's only when the print crosses the ~midpoint on the y-axis that my print will occasionally (but more often then not) shift on the x-axis and always to the left.

What it's not;
Slicer (used both Cura and S3D)
Model (happens on all models)
The belt tightness (the belt does not slip I have watched the error occur live and the stepper just pauses for half second or so then continues)

What it is;
Controller board?
Wires?
Power Supply?
Firmware?

The issue has to be printer based because windows vs. linux, direct connection vs. octoprint, and  cura vs. S3D does not make a difference.

Tonight I'm going to clear the Firmware and re-flash RH .92. Other than that I'm kinda at a loss. Any ideas?

I can't prove anything, but I believe this issue is related to the Repetier .92 Firmware.  At least on the newer 1.0A machines.

Should we start a new thread? I'm hearing bits and pieces of this from other with 1.0a and RH.92.

evanalmighty did this happen to you or something?

carl_m1968 wrote:
Lasercigusa wrote:

If you have installed Repetier firmware it no longer writes to the sd card. It prints live mode now meaning if you unplug the usb or turn off the computer the print will stop once the buffer empties. Usually about 30 seconds.

So I doubt it is the card since Cura nor Repetier host use it. All it is used for now is to store the EEPROM dat that the firmware uses to configure the printer.

That shift is being caused by a hardware glitch of some kind. Is it always in the same direction? Try rotating your object 45 degrees before printing. If the shift also rotates then chances are it is still related to software. If it still shifts in the same direction then it is hardware.

I dont know how you feel about sharing your STL, but if you could post one of the failing ones where we could try it, we can at least rule out the STL.

Could it be a glitch with the usb port sending some sort of strange signal?

This happened to my 1.0A after I flashed RH .92.  Having built many reprap printers, what I've noticed is that the stepper motor is running hotter and louder compared to the stock firmware.  Initially I attributed it to a bad stepper motor.  However, the printer is printing fine now back on stock firmware.

Again, I can't prove that RH .92 is the cause.  All I know is that the printer printed fine the first 2 weeks on stock firmware.  I then flashed it with RH .92 and started having this issue almost immediately after.  I tried to change the acceleration, jerk values, and print speed without any improvement.  I wasn't prepared to mess around with it any further so I went back to the stock 1.0.3 firmware and the problem went away immediately.  From what I could tell, I don't think the problem is mechanical or slicing software related.  I used Simplify3D to print with both firmwares so there wasn't any changes there.

humanisticnick wrote:

Should we start a new thread? I'm hearing bits and pieces of this from other with 1.0a and RH.92.

evanalmighty did this happen to you or something?

I didn't think there was a way back on the 1.0A? How did you restore the stock firmware?

evanalmighty wrote:

I wasn't prepared to mess around with it any further so I went back to the stock 1.0.3 firmware and the problem went away immediately.

Also I'm trying to get people together who are having this same issue on another forum http://voltivo.com/forum/davinci-peersu … port-group

evanalmighty  I'm still super interested in how to restore the printer

I had to send the board back to get it reflashed.  I tried all the methods shown on various forums and none of them worked.

Anyone have the Stock Firmware?? I have the new board in my 1.0 and I can't find it anywhere.

Yeah it only does it to the left. I have no idea what's going on.