Re: madfalcon81's corner

Thanks scruffybob. I already turned the fan 1 month ago. I use 250 C on extruder. Maybe a lower temp would help ?

Fat kids are harder to kidnap!

Lowered to 235. Didnt help sad

Have you verified that the little curved area above the heat block is where the filament is bending/breaking?   If  that's not where the problem is, the fan fix won't do anything to help.

Another thing you may want to try:   Try removing the plastic shield on the front of the extruder.   This seemed to help me somewhat.   On my first Press, I think that was the first thing to go.   I suspect it was designed to improve air flow, but it at least gives you another variable that you can use to see if it makes any difference.

Plastic shield removed almost 2-3 days after it arrived smile)

Fixed: modified first layer modification to 200 (RH considered mm) instead of 200%.

Put the plastic shield back on.    :-)

Seriously, after turning the fan, possibly the shield needs to be there to force air across the heating block the right way.... Who knows?     Yet another variable that can be eliminated.

My new Press has had the plastic shield on the entire time and I'm not seeing any jamming issues at all right now.

Few questions:

1) What is your extruder temp: (first layer/the rest) (Solidoodle filament/other filament)
2) What is your bed temp: (on glass/kapton etc - please specify) (ABS +PLA)
3) What is your printing speed: (perimeters/infill/first layer)
4) What is your layer height: (0.1/0.2/0.3)
5) What is your FIRST layer height:
6) Do you use brim: (Yes/No)
7) Add other thing you find interresting.

I think this kind of pool would help us all, especially if filled by "veterans". Thank you !

It seems like no one is willing to help us noobs smile. Ok then, maybe an idea for why it is happening this:
(in short, all my printings warp from the same side always: the right side, the closest to the user).

http://soliforum.com/i/?ERDqGZ2.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?zYkjFnQ.jpg

The skirt has an excellent adhesion. As you can see I use kapton tape. Temps: 235/100.

Your bed is not level. I know you have auto leveling and all that but it's clearly not working wink

35 (edited by madfalcon81 2015-05-27 15:55:40)

Has anyone designed a fan for the Presses nozzle ?

LE: I ment a fan mount, of course.

MacGyverX was working on one for me. (I've since replaced my printhead with an E3D, however.)

Link here: http://www.soliforum.com/post/91316/#p91316

Dream-Cypher wrote:

MacGyverX was working on one for me. (I've since replaced my printhead with an E3D, however.)

OK thanks, I give it a try.but the folder is hame like this:

Solidoodle-Press-E3D-v6/Parts/Filament Fan Mount for Press/Filamet 30mm Fan Mount for Press.STL

MacGyver is that for E3 or for the stock ?

38 (edited by madfalcon81 2015-05-29 16:47:24)

Dream-Cypher wrote:

And 2: This looks like a filament fan mount, not nozzle fan mount. I am printing one however and see whats happening.

LE: It looks like nozzle fan mount, but it is at 90 degree angle. it kinda blows air parallel with the nozzle.

39 (edited by madfalcon81 2015-07-09 11:38:03)

Hi again! Does any one knows where I can buy a cable for my Press ? I am talking about the cable which connects the extruder driver with extruder stepper motor ? The 4 pins on this one burned one after each other and my electrician friend said it cannot repair them anymore. So I have to be prepared. So where ?

Hi again. I have a new (how else) problem. The termperature on my extruder shows 178 C, but I just started the printer. The extruder can be held in hand, so it is at room temp.

The idea is that problem started 2 days ago, when I simply couldnt print. The printing simply came out of the bed, but then I did NOT see that herratic reading on the extruder temp. Today I say it, and I think this is related.

Any ideas would be much apreciated. Tank you !

madfalcon81 wrote:

Hi again! Does any one knows where I can buy a cable for my Press ? I am talking about the cable which connects the extruder driver with extruder stepper motor ? The 4 pins on this one burned one after each other and my electrician friend said it cannot repair them anymore. So I have to be prepared. So where ?

I was able to source the connector and crimps but I do not have a crimp tool so I did not bother. See below. Wire gauge should be around 24. I sent more than 20 emails to Solidoodle using email and Facebook but they are too busy to reply. I took the wire to an electric shop and they had a similar connector, he soldered it to the existing cable and charged 25 Canadian dollars.

rrssll wrote:

I've recrimped the connector a couple times. Going by my digikey invoice I think this was the housing http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e … 55-1162-ND (JST PHR-6) and these are the pins http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e … -1127-1-ND (JST SPH-002T-P0.5S). These are JST connectors. When I went looking for a part number on the connector in my Solidoodle Press it was printed with "JSY" which is apparently a copy of JST.

The cable itself I haven't figured out how to source yet. If someone has a part number I'd like to know what it is.

Lucky for me there was a crimp tool at work that I could use. The parts are really cheap but the crimp tool is quite expensive. It also helped to have a magnifying lens.

I recently did the Bowden drive E3Dv6 upgrade so now my extruder motor doesn't move.

Post's attachments

P_20151001_174719.jpg
P_20151001_174719.jpg 1.64 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

P_20151001_200950.jpg
P_20151001_200950.jpg 1.3 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Ah, that one was solved. Thanks anyway !
The other one is more problematic. I tried resetting to factory settings (in EEPROM settings). No dice.
I tried M999 and it sohows an error message: Line number is not Last Line or something like that. Any help would be apreciated.