Topic: Soliprint doesn't show 3D image

For some reason, on my machine shop notebook PC (Dell Lattitude D430 running win7), soliprint doesn't show the 3d image of the press and the part being printed. It prints just fine however,

My Work laptop (Toshiba somethignorother) has no issues.

anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

/R

Re: Soliprint doesn't show 3D image

My HP doesn't display the image either, still seems to print, although not pretty.

I believe that Soliprint requires that semi-modern OpenGL drivers be installed.  Older laptop chipsets may not support this.  I had a similar issue when running in a VM.

Rochey wrote:

For some reason, on my machine shop notebook PC (Dell Lattitude D430 running win7), soliprint doesn't show the 3d image of the press and the part being printed. It prints just fine however,

My Work laptop (Toshiba somethignorother) has no issues.

anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

/R

Your D430 does not have the stones to run the program with the image, neither does my D630 nor some random dual core small form factor IBM.  Ended up finding a small GPU for it which can easily handle the OpenGL requirements.

well that is truly freaking dumb.
I'm surprised they didn't consider a backup option that simply draws the image without openGL just to see if its the right orientation.

(Autocad Inventor likes playing tricks on me)

/.R

Well I'll do you one better than that, it really doesn't matter if it draws them or not.  Some of the models I load are displayed like they're floating in air.  They print just fine.  Others load like they're shifted way off to the side... they print centered.  Other models show up like they have a boundary box that's mysteriously not the same shape of the model's actual boundaries...  I have no idea what's up with that.

About the only thing I've found it useful for is a general gauge of size, so I can decide if I need to scale a model up or down.

mobius1ace5 wrote:

Your D430 does not have the stones to run the program with the image, neither does my D630 nor some random dual core small form factor IBM.  Ended up finding a small GPU for it which can easily handle the OpenGL requirements.

I think it's probably a driver issue, both of those machines are way more powerful than what I'm using.  I have a 2008 MSI Wind netbook with a 1.6ghz Atom CPU and 2GB of RAM and it displays the 3D just fine.  However if I remote desktop into that netbook, it doesn't display.

I'm rapidly getting the impression that SD massively miscalculated the effort to bring a 3D printer to the masses. Congrats on controlling costs etc, but they truly had no idea of the cost that'd be involved once the machine shipped.
That and the massive lack in documentation is mind boggling. This is not an expensive issue to solve. 2 junior technicians could create *so* much collateral at little expense.

I'm having issues with SoliPrint not displaying the grid and 3d image on the screen. Everything was fine while running Windows 7, but now since upgrading (don't know if I'd call it that) to Windows 10, the display is no longer although the rest of the program still seems to work OK. I've tried reinstalling the program, uninstalling and reinstalling, cleaning the Registry, all to no solution. I have another machine that was upgraded to Windows 10 that has no issue, and runs Soliprint. But this other machine is not connected to the Solidoodle. Any thoughts and or solutions would be appreciated as this machine is the brain for the Solidoodle.