Topic: Generated G-Code Not Found

Hi Everyone..

having a slight issue and i know im being an idiot!

i just quickly tweaked my print setting profile in slic3r, and as soon as i hit "slice with slic3r" in repetier, it gives me the standard message of.. Generated Gcode not found.

What is weird is that if i use any of my other profiles it works fine but as soon as i tweak them it doesn't work.. if anyone can explain it would be great, as i have a deadline looming and need to print!!!

Thanks
Tim

Re: Generated G-Code Not Found

It's an annoying bug, though it only ever happened to me with Skeinforge.  Look under Config-> Repetier General Settings to find out where the work directory is, or specify your own that is easier to get to.  After slicing, it always saves the gcode there as "composition.gcode" before opening it into the gcode editor.

it gets weirded and werider...

I have set my work directory, and there is a file in there called "composition.stl" where as i was expecting the composition.gcode, and it won't create it for some reason? its a bit bizarre..

The other reason for that message, and more likely for Slic3r is that there was an error that prevented the slice from completing.  Check the log for an error message from Slic3r.  The most common cause is leaving "Fill Every N Layers" set to 3 or something after switching back to .3mm layers.  Otherwise there might have been a problem with the STL bad enough that Slic3r couldn't deal with it.

Ian

Thanks so much for that!!

I feel like a prize idiot, knew it would be a simple fix!!!

IanJohnson wrote:

The other reason for that message, and more likely for Slic3r is that there was an error that prevented the slice from completing.  Check the log for an error message from Slic3r.  The most common cause is leaving "Fill Every N Layers" set to 3 or something after switching back to .3mm layers.  Otherwise there might have been a problem with the STL bad enough that Slic3r couldn't deal with it.

I'm having something along these lines. Keep being told that "" (empty string) value for an expected number is not a number, and slicing quits. Consistently, after 10 seconds, on any model, even ones that I've sliced in the past. I'll try your suggestion. In the mean time I've been playing with KISSlicer just for the purpose of moving forward in trying to get my bed dialed in.