Topic: Fluorescent

Has anyone been able to produce fluorescent colors? How did you do it?

Re: Fluorescent

I have tried both fluorecent and glow in the dark powder. I bought some off ebay.

It worked but i got very pale colors because i did not so much powder.

The powder will not extrude as it is (it won't stick to the pellets) so i made a thick ABS juice and mixed in the powder.
Then i dried the abs juice on a piece of aluminum foil so it did solidify, when dried i ran the chunk through a paper shredder to get small bits. Then i mixed that into the ABS pellets.
This worked both with fluorecerent and glow in the dark.

I just tested to se how it worked, and i also didn't have very much powder of each.
Fluorecent works best with yellow, orange and green. Blue and red did not get very good.

Glow in the dark worked best with green, yellow and blue.  Yellow and green glowing most (not as much i hoped)
Blue just barely glowed.

But i could not figure out how to it with PLA pellets.

I hope to be getting some glow in the dark powders here in a few weeks to start testing if we can make them work well.

-os3dp

I would be interested in both GID and Fluorecent that works with PLA.

I just extruded some 4043D PLA with glow in the dark green PLA colorant - it has a green fluorescent look to it.  I'll be posting about it after I get it on a spool and do some printing with it (and I have some 3D850 too so I hope to eventually compare the two types of PLA).