Topic: ads

Ads now? I just noticed. When did that happen?

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

Re: ads

Ads were added in the last 24 hours.

This is a trial run to see if Amazon ads work well with soliforum, probably will take a month before we have any decent data on if its working or not.

A small commission is paid to soliforum for any purchases made through the amazon links on soliforum.

Please let me know what you think, and provide feedback!

If you all can make a few dollar's off the ads, I'm good with it.

SD2, glass bed, MK5 setup with E3D lite extruder
NX and Solid Edge CAD user
PI, Galileo, and arduino hacker
Code Monkey and Twitter user @burhop

mark.burhop wrote:

If you all can make a few dollar's off the ads, I'm good with it.

+1

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

I figured amazon is a good advertiser, as we all buy stuff from amazon anyways, and their ads are not intrusive or tasteless.

And if we can make a few dollars, maybe we can have more soliforum giveaways, and tshirts, and other cool stuff smile

Do you have any control over the ad rotation?

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

7 (edited by n2ri 2015-01-20 21:19:22)

sounds cool to me. and they mostly only do ads for related items. maybe other sites related to 3D printing like manufacturers, 3d services marketing sites etc later could put us in an R&D test spot to try out and review new printers etc. long as its not intrusive or maybe just on specific pages like for sale, or beta testing, marketing (for sites like 3dhubs, makexyz, shapeways etc).

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

+1

Ultimaker S3.

satman49 wrote:

Do you have any control over the ad rotation?

Yes, I have a lot of control over what products show up.

+1

Ulitmaker 2, a few repraps, Custom Big FFF 3D printer with heated chamber.

My Blog http://ggalisky.weebly.com/
My Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXShYo … aDUpebDAOw

its like having an online 3D magazine ;^)

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

+1

Fat kids are harder to kidnap!

I like it as long as the Ads stay relevant and we don't start getting "Dating 40+" stuff tongue

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

If a bunch of middle aged plus balding men suddenly start buying hair spray off amazon someone may start to wonder HMMM.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

big_smile

Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate

smile,  yeah i'm ok with it too.  Gotta love that PRIME!

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

17 (edited by Superdave 2015-01-24 01:05:27)

Holy crap.........printed hair!  Tin Falcon you're a genius.  Any style and color you want and you never need to comb it.  I'll make millions!  Oh wait..... I think Jimmy Johnson already has that.

If you build it they will come. Then they will make fun of it, tell you it's not worth doing and go home and try to copy you.
If a picture is worth a thousand words then being there is worth a thousand pictures.

(2) Stock Makerbot Z18s, Filastruder w/Melt Filter, Filawinder, Autodesk Inventor Design Suite 2014 .........so far.

Can we buy anything from Amazon just so we go there from here.? Will SF still get a commission?

Ads removed. Apparently amazon affiliate doesn't allow forums. Who would have thought. Also diffcult to find this in their terms of service.

20 (edited by n2ri 2015-01-24 19:20:52)

Brad wrote:

Ads removed. Apparently amazon affiliate doesn't allow forums. Who would have thought. Also diffcult to find this in their terms of service.

LOL typical political correctness killing any possibility of growth in marketing. (cut off nose to spite face)

wait... so how do they spam all other groups at google, yahoo etc?

Ebay ads now...

Yup! Giving ebay a try.

Let's just hope it works out better than the previous attempt with Amazon.
I personally really like having ads that point us in the direction of products we are all buying anyway.
Kudos to Brad for working so hard to provide this great forum and cultivating such a great community.  If having ads can help make things easier I say yippie!!! Bring on the ads.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I still think you should throw up an ad for your business on here from time to time.  But I'm all for it as long as it's not intrusive.