Topic: Maybe add a section for Press specific questions?

Now that people are starting to get their Solidoodle Press printers delivered, it seems there are a lot of various questions scattered over a couple different sections.  Some are under solidoodle discussion, some are under help, etc.  Is it time for a Press specific forum?  It would not be for hacking the Press, that could stay under hacks and mods and the help forum could remain for general questions that might apply to all printers.  Thoughts?

SD4 w/ RUMBA, E3D Volcano, all bearings, glass bed

Re: Maybe add a section for Press specific questions?

mdrVB6 wrote:

Now that people are starting to get their Solidoodle Press printers delivered, it seems there are a lot of various questions scattered over a couple different sections.  Some are under solidoodle discussion, some are under help, etc.  Is it time for a Press specific forum?  It would not be for hacking the Press, that could stay under hacks and mods and the help forum could remain for general questions that might apply to all printers.  Thoughts?

+1

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

+1

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

We don't have a Solidoodle 1 forum. We don't have a Solidoodle 2 forum. We don't have a Solidoodle 3 forum.

It doesn't make sense unless you restructure the entire layout of the forum.

elmoret wrote:

We don't have a Solidoodle 1 forum. We don't have a Solidoodle 2 forum. We don't have a Solidoodle 3 forum.

It doesn't make sense unless you restructure the entire layout of the forum.

I would disagree in that the SD2,3 and 4 had enough in common that most questions applied across the three platforms.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

At the rate we are going, pretty soon the entire front page of each forum will be completely taken over with people trying to figure out their bed leveling probes and how to work soliprint if we don't do something about it.  I think the Press is a big enough departure from the previous designs that it needs it own forum, at least for general questions.

SD4 w/ RUMBA, E3D Volcano, all bearings, glass bed

7 (edited by jagowilson 2015-01-15 18:15:10)

mdrVB6 wrote:

At the rate we are going, pretty soon the entire front page of each forum will be completely taken over with people trying to figure out their bed leveling probes and how to work soliprint if we don't do something about it.  I think the Press is a big enough departure from the previous designs that it needs it own forum, at least for general questions.

+1, or at the very least please start enforcing the proper sections for topics. Solidoodle discussion is not help/repair/maintenance.

I agree. At least for the time being, it would help guide Press traffic to one area so other users (who may need help with another unit) can get the attention we are used to giving.

I can't even count how many threads I've already seen where there are probe issues. The questions are pouring in and it would be more organized.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

I like the Idea of a press forum . Was Thinking about suggesting it myself. If not a press forum How about calling the latest model forum or new model forum  that way when new stuff comes out it can go there and rise to the top.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

10 (edited by n2ri 2015-01-16 07:18:09)

yep. also is there a manual shipped with the press? or is SD not able to make manuals for their FIY products? seems we are the manuals, tech support...

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Done!

Thanks !!!

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Brad wrote:

Done!

Thank you!!!
Now how do we get all the Press posts into that section?