Topic: Purpose of this forum.

To discuss your trial and error in testing of different plastics for making your own filament. 

This information is open to everyone, for an easy reference to explain what works and what doesn't.  As I have time, I'll be organizing information about different plastics as main topics, and linking information already learned in the Filastruder forum

Whether you have a Filastruder or another filament extruder, this information is intended to assist everyone so that we don't have to "reinvent the wheel."  Feel free to post links to pertinent information from other sources, but please stay on topic. 

Filastruder and E3D technical questions are best asked in the Filastruder forum; however, if you have a different setup, we'll be happy to try to assist you with helpful information if we can.

Just because I'm a moderator, it doesn't mean that I don't welcome information from my competitors or their customers.  In the spirit of being makers, please feel free to post information that you feel is relevant.  Tim from Filastruder is also a moderator, as well as Brad, the owner of Soliforum.  I do not intend to moderate any information as long as it is: relevant, not derogatory, doesn't infringe, and in the spirit of the community.  In that vein, there will be a sticky of pellet suppliers and current specials.  If you are a pellet supplier, please feel free to PM me to put your information and current coupons at the top of the sticky. 

So then there's this:  The information presented in this forum is gained from actual users' experience and research.  It is not intended to be an absolute, but rather a reference for your own filament making.  Your filament extruder and 3D printer setup may be vastly different from the information posted by the members of this forum.  No member of this forum is responsible for anyone using the information presented that results in damage to their machinery or property.  Much of the information presented will be from experienced users of their equipment, if you're unsure, ask.

Best practices for posting:
Material brand and grade.
Filament extruder type and whether you have any upgrades.
Mix ratios, temperature, horizontal/vertical, time, etc.
Pictures of prints made with your material.
Anything and everything you can think of for someone else to recreate your results (or failures)...that's how we learn.

Thank you,
Mandy

3D Supply Source - Pellets, Colorant, Parts, Tools, and Filament.

3D Supply Source
Coupon code - soliforum - 10% off

Re: Purpose of this forum.

thanks i learned alot at this forum

Learn more information about 3d printing here