Topic: Not to Bloody the Water

Have you guys used printrbots filament? 3lbs for $30 sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Solidoodle 2 Pro - 3mm Glass Bed

Re: Not to Bloody the Water

I bought filament from Printrbot before and it's only 1KG (2.2lbs).  The 3lbs. mentioned there is the total weight including the spool.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

Ughhh... Thanks. I was excited about that one too...

I wonder where the best quality/price balanced filament could be found then?

Solidoodle 2 Pro - 3mm Glass Bed

After trying Solidoodle and Makerbot filaments, another user turned me onto Octave. $31 for 1kg spools and it is the most consistent filament I've come across. Of course, if you were to spend the time an cash on a Filastruder, THAT would be the cheapest and quality would depend on you. smile

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

I like Octave too, except for the white. 

For some reason, every roll of white filament I bought from them (4-5 I think) was shrinkwrapped with something that simply wouldn't come off.  I usually end up throwing away the first 4-5 layers (about 20-30 meters) due to the shrinkwrap material still being stuck to the filament.

Other colors I bought were just fine, the shrinkwrap simply came of and wasn't  stuck to the filament.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

Octave stopped using the wrap on all of their filament some time ago. It was a problem with all colors.  Used some of the white recently and loved it.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions