Re: XYZ printer extruder not heating up properly.

That's bullshit.  I'm not reworking an SMT board that should have been designed properly to begin with...  or is the fault the hot-end?  Or maybe giving us a conductive brush knowing full well cleaning the tip would eventually lead to a failure.

No,  enough excuses.     DaVinci machines are pure unadultrated crap through and through.   Most import Asian discount machines are --- you get what you pay for.    It held true in the factories I worked at and apparently a $500 printer is too good to be true as well.

Bad enough they want us to buy their material and go to great pains to make us do so...   and now this.   

Yeah,  done with DaVinci.    JR is going out the door next.

MonoPrice Mini Select,  Orion Delta, HeartlessTech I3 2020, TWO Taz-5,  8 Wanhao Clones
Filistruder (Operational)  (Scanners RMA'd Due To Missing Components)
Benchtop Molding Press,  Arburg All-Arounder IMM,   Bridgeport ProTrac, Monarch 10EE Lathe,  Light Machine CNC Mill & Lathe
(THIS IS JUST MY HALF OF THE WORKSHOP MUAHAHAHAHA)

BurningRingOfFire wrote:

That's bullshit.  I'm not reworking an SMT board that should have been designed properly to begin with...  or is the fault the hot-end?  Or maybe giving us a conductive brush knowing full well cleaning the tip would eventually lead to a failure.

No,  enough excuses.     DaVinci machines are pure unadultrated crap through and through.   Most import Asian discount machines are --- you get what you pay for.    It held true in the factories I worked at and apparently a $500 printer is too good to be true as well.

Bad enough they want us to buy their material and go to great pains to make us do so...   and now this.   

The hot end is the issue. The board is the result.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
BurningRingOfFire wrote:

wink and what is the solution? wink can this part be replaced/fixed?

Novogenia wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
BurningRingOfFire wrote:

wink and what is the solution? wink can this part be replaced/fixed?

Not a big reader of prior post are we? The solution was stated about three post before the last.

Hello, after my wire connector failed, I tried taping it together with black tape, over the semi fried connector and got the extruder to heat up.  I ordered the deans style connectors and this is just temporary.   Anyhow when the print started the temperature kept rising far above the set temperature, which was 125 degrees; so I cancelled the print when it got up to 138 degrees.   Is this constant rise in temperature caused by the bad connector or do you think it is some thing else causing it?  Ideas?  The wires are also getting pretty hot but I could not tell if it was because of the radiant heat from the extruder or the current going through the wire...

Just came to say, thank the gods for this forum, once again.

I got an unused DaVinci 1.0 at a local estate sale a few weeks ago. The notorious bearing holder brackets broke on the second week, and the extruder stopped heating on the third week.

Got new brackets printed (thanks to super gluing the old ones) last week, and just now replaced the stock heater wire connector with a deans connector, as recommended in this post. Looks to be working just fine again.

From the sound of it, I'll be on this forum looking for another solution before too long. wink

I have to say, it's still been worth it. This is my first 3D printer, and considering the price I got it for, it's been a great learning experience for me. I've gotten more into the guts of this thing already than I have with most of my gadgets, being more of a hobbyist than a real tinkerer. (I confess, this is the first real solder job I've ever done.)

You folks have been invaluable. At last as far as keeping me from tossing this thing off the roof.

Congratulations! You are not defeated by the frustration!

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

So hello, I'm new. I can't speak English well, but I have a terrible problem and I am begging you for help. I have not found anywhere where to solve this problem in the Da vinci Pro 3 in 1 printer. The extruder does not heat, the laser module does not work either. I bought a new head for 3d printing. It still does not work. I am asking you, you know what fuse needs to be replaced. They want $ 300 for repair. Thanks in advance . best regardshttp://soliforum.com/i/?N35VLan.jpg

59 (edited by Sgpascoe 2019-10-27 18:50:43)

Hi I just searched google for this exact issue. I'm not as experienced with circuits as it seems you guys are. I have a Da Vinci Mini.

All I know is my machine goes BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP.... repeatedly, with a red led, and the extruder will not heat over 34 degrees C.

I have no idea what to do or what to look at. I also can't download new software or update my firmware as there's an 'unknown network error' although every other program woks fine. Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be fantastic.

60 (edited by 2023leftylp 2019-11-20 22:09:24)

On my Da vinci jr 1.0 pro I keep getting the error code 0014 and i did research and it seems like its the heating element but ive tried multiple different extruders and cant figure out what to do. sometimes I don't get an error message but it only heats up to 20 degrees Celsius and shuts off. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out

There seems to be some misunderstanding or maybe poor wording in that 0014 mean. What causes an 0014 is that the machine is unable to measure the set temp for a certain amount of time. It may be higher it may be lower but it is not correct for X amount of time. Since it involves measuring the temp that would rule out the heater as long as it is heating.

The issue that generates an 0014 is an issue with the thermistor. Either the wires on it shorting together at some point caused by hotend movement or they are shorting against the heat-block at some point again caused by movement. Or there is an intermittent open connection between the thermistor and the mainboard. That opens when the hotend is in certain areas of the bed long enough that the system sees the temp outside of range for too long.