Topic: Newbie corner

It was briefly touched on by a post in 2012, but how about a section dedicated to noobs? A closed thread where people can go before "wasting people's time". I know everyone on here is friendly and very helpful, not to mention eager and passionate, but this could be a way to keep threads to a minimum without asking the same questions.
eg: "What is EEPROM?"...wish I had a nickle everytime I read that one.

This thread could have a simple directory to find answers to their questions:
     Main Directory
     -Anatomy of a Solidoodle
        -SD2
        -SD3
        -SD4
     -Axis
        -Which is x,y,z?
     -Bed
        -Heated
        -Mirror/glass
        -Kapton
     -Extruder
        -Anatomy of extruder
        -Calibration
        -Issues
        -Jigsaw assembly
        -Modifications
     -Filaments

These are all searchable, of course, throughout the internet, but when I was waiting for my printer, I was filled with so much wonder and could not find information on some topics. For example, I wanted to find a diagram of my SD2's anatomy so I could better understand it. I also had to clear a clog very recently and I thought to myself how it would help other people reassemble the Jigsaw if they mistakenly scattered the pieces, careless of their order.

Just a thought.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Re: Newbie corner

Is the wiki of use for this?

www.soliwiki.com

That is most certainly a start. But I think for people JUST starting, like the people who still don't understand HOW it prints, seeing LCD displays, E3Ds, and gCode everywhere may seem a bit daunting. I think it would help to keep the most basic information separate.
Then again, this isn't MY site. smile
This site is awesome either way, I just had an idea.

Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on

If you'd like, you can make a "newbie guide" on the wiki and everyone who wants to can contribute smile

That sounds beautiful.
If I have a question that could be easily found, I would rather do that and only ask you fine gents when I have exhausted all research efforts.
I am nowehere near the "super elite ninja master of 3D printing" level as some on here, but I would love to help add to it if it were made. big_smile