Re: XYZ Printing DaVinci 1.0 $499 7.8" cubed

Anyone else have the firmware updated without being prompted? Just found out this week I'm now on 1.1J. Guessing this means no more resets of the cartridges sad

I am really confused on the firmware version. My xyzware settings says firmware 1.0.3 I don't see any set of number that have the letter at the end like "1.1.J" Where do I find that value?

I am really confused on the firmware version. My xyzware settings says firmware 1.0.3 I don't see any set of numbers that have the letter at the end like "1.1.J" Where do I find that value?

129 (edited by carl_m1968 2014-12-12 03:44:48)

drag0ndu42 wrote:

I am really confused on the firmware version. My xyzware settings says firmware 1.0.3 I don't see any set of numbers that have the letter at the end like "1.1.J" Where do I find that value?

Which Da Vinci do you have? I believe the 1.0.3 is for the Aoi and possibly the 2.0. Of course if it is working, it really does not matter what version you have. As long as you are using their host  you will always be limited.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

They have released a new version of the main board (differences are MicroSD instead of full-size SD, no jumper and maybe others)

Over the coming months, you will see the 1.0 being replaced by the 1.0A and the 2.0 with a 2.0A. I'm unsure on what the deal is with the AiO and its mainboard/firmware.

They have restarted the numbering on these new units by the looks of it to 1.0.2 (and 1.0.3) - these new units use a different way of using firmware, so cannot be retro-fitted with the 1.1.xx firmwares.

131 (edited by drag0ndu42 2014-12-13 16:05:48)

TheTrickster wrote:

They have released a new version of the main board (differences are MicroSD instead of full-size SD, no jumper and maybe others)

Over the coming months, you will see the 1.0 being replaced by the 1.0A and the 2.0 with a 2.0A. I'm unsure on what the deal is with the AiO and its mainboard/firmware.

They have restarted the numbering on these new units by the looks of it to 1.0.2 (and 1.0.3) - these new units use a different way of using firmware, so cannot be retro-fitted with the 1.1.xx firmwares.

That makes sense, mine is a "1.0A" according to the screen. I understood that the hardware had changed but didn't realize they changed the firmware naming convention with this new series. Thank you. So with all that said I think I can use a cartridge reseter but is there any way at this point to change the firmware? No, right? Because from what I read they have an Alpha type release of repetier that has some issues making it not suited for a daily driver on this newer model.

Anyone with experience with this 1.0"A" please chime in and let me know what your setup is with what versions. Thanks for clearing things up for me as I step into the Davinci hacking world.

Please check out: http://voltivo.com/forum/davinci-softwa … rsion-1-32

Not looking good for using a resetter...

team3 wrote:

The trick is to block the software from contacting the mother ship.  Day one I blocked all XYZPrinting websites in my router.  I have a 1.0A with the firmware that came on it, 1.0.1 and using the latest XYZWare, 1.1.33.3.  My resetter works great!  I don't think the machine is smart enough to brick itself.
At least this has been my experience, YMMV.

Unfortunately, I didn't block my printer when I got it. If I block it now, would the resetter still work?

Da Vinci 1.0A
Simplify3D
Stock FW

I wonder if it only sends the info, when its printing....not if you have no cartridge in it and sat idle , so you can do the updates and run the latest software, but when you come to print, just turn off your internet on the pc ?

you can now regularly purchase the da vinci 1.0 for $399

Da Vinci 2.0 Duo

Link?

ebatter1 wrote:

Flyer007 wrote:

Link?

ebatter1 wrote:

I can't post the link but Newegg has one at that price

That's what I paid for mine right after Christmas on a shellshocker deal, now I think it is going to stick with this price since I see it all over the web for $399.. Still a bargain..

I've been watching Ebay and snagged a used one with a missing thumbscrew for $309.00.. should get here tomorrow and we'll see if it works ok. Still a bargain even if I only use it for parts..  The average price has been $350 bucks for a slightly used one..

140 (edited by ggunners 2015-06-23 15:22:14)

Don't know why this is happening right now, but the DaVinci 1.0 7.8 inch build platform is selling on NewEgg for $350 which is the same price as the Junior. Maybe the smaller printer is taking away sales of the bigger one and NewEgg wants to move inventory.

On 6/23 the price is back up to $450.

SD2 Expert stock, ABS fume fan,
XYZ DaVinci 1.0 stock ABS, Simplify3D
QUBD Two-Up PLA, new 3D printed X gantry, Y idler, flex z coupler, extruder mount, E3D Lite