Topic: Filastruder quality control, lack of

We're all makers and hobbyist in here. Take some pride in your work. I regret ordering this.

Re: Filastruder quality control, lack of

This isn't a quality control issue, none of the barrels are deburred. This is clearly stated in the publicly available assembly instructions.

Deburring takes maybe 10 minutes, out of ~2 hours to assemble the kit.

If you regret ordering it and have not modified any of the parts or begun assembly, you're welcome to send it back for a full refund.

This is a DIY kit made by one guy who has a busy life. If you feel that you can produce a superior product do so. In other news #1605 reporting in and patiently awaiting my filastruder kit's completion. Keep rocking on and have an amazing Christmas. I can wait.

I guess you can't please everyone.

It doesn't look that hard to DIY and debur

SD2 w/ mods: Rumba controller, ATX PSU, SD pro case, glass bed, with more to come...

We are makers and hobbyists, we shall deburr ourselves smile

Statistically, someone is always going to complain...

This is a crowd funding thing that I'm running: http://www.gofundme.com/bvi140 It's for pretty selfish reasons tongue

You probably should not have bought a kit!  At first they were not even going to be cut (nor were the beta testers cut), nozzles were not going to be drilled either...

It took me roughly (pun intended) three minutes to deburr the barrel. Including the time it took to walk downstairs to the shop, pull my Dremel out of the case, insert the medium grinding bit, grind it, and then curse about not wearing glasses when a bit went into my eye, putting on glasses, and finishing the grinding.

How do you feel that you have to solder to build this too?

I'll take his if it means I get mine sooner Tim! Seriously, thanks for spending your valuable time creating this product and dealing with difficult situations in a professional manner. I can't wait to get mine up and running.

I had to cut my own barrels for the beta, several times.  I was so happy when I got a Kickstarter barrel that only needed to be deburred.  I would have also loved a workbench like the one in the video.  Back then my workshop was in a shoebox in the middle of the road.

When I built the first beta, deburring wasn't even in the instructions.   We've come a long ways...

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/