Re: peachy $100 3d printer!

Nevermind, project is dead, one of the partners embezzled a bunch of money:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36271249

Amazing to see what happened. Feel really bad for the R&D guy and the backers.

So I can kiss my $165 good by.... Oh well I never trusted backer sites just because of jerks like this..

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Yeah, I have a friend that lost out on this as well. Really unfortunate!

Looks like you now own a small piece of a house in Canada now! You should show up with a sleeping bag.

I almost backed that.

I kind of feel bad for the guy that is the face of Peachy, and had to admit to the problem, and also those that backed the project.

It is my personal opinion that the house should be seized and sold for market value and the funds used to refund all of the backers.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

33 (edited by jagowilson 2016-05-12 15:26:15)

Didn't the Kickstarter close a long time ago? If I recall, this project has been behind for a year or two. That won't impact people getting their money back, but it does eliminate the possibility of people doing charge backs.

jagowilson wrote:

Didn't the Kickstarter close a long time ago? If I recall, this project has been behind for a year or two. That won't impact people getting their money back, but it does eliminate the possibility of people doing charge backs.

They ran a campaign on indigogo for while shortly after kickstarter. That was the one I backed and that was two years ago. In fact last week I emaile them for a status and potential refund. Now I know why no response.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

look again!