Topic: To the pars that be...

I nominate Hunter Green's write up on the firmware modes, etc. associated with the E3D mod in conjunction with the Printrboard, as a Sticky.

Robox printer, HICTOP (Prusa i3 variant) Model 3DP17 printer, ELEK 2.5W laser engraver, AutoDesk 123D Design, Windows 10

2 (edited by elmoret 2013-09-20 16:58:28)

Re: To the pars that be...

No need for a post, just PM a mod -IanJohnson/lawsy/Brad. Really it should just go to the wiki, since it is instructional and not discussion-soliciting.

elmoret wrote:

No need for a post, just PM a mod -IanJohnson/lawsy/Brad. Really it should just go to the wiki, since it is instructional and not discussion-soliciting.

+1

the wiki doesn't get used nearly enough. Definitely a great place to take any info that is accepted as fact.

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

Yeah, I agree it should go to the wiki, but not until it's done!

If it were gonna be a sticky, though, it'd have to wait until it's in its own thread... again, when it's done!

Hunter Green wrote:

If it were gonna be a sticky, though, it'd have to wait until it's in its own thread... again, when it's done!

Wikis are editable, I'm for "publish early, update often." Then people can contribute directly.

Don: Folger Tech 2020 Kossel Rev A + Borosilicate + Snow Effector
        Davinci 1.0 + Repetier : Filastruder
        SD3 + RAMPS + Lawsy Carriages + E3D + Borosilicate + ... : Cupcake

Leghk wrote:
Hunter Green wrote:

Wikis are editable, I'm for "publish early, update often." Then people can contribute directly.

+1

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

That's why I posted the draft here, to get input.  I got some, but it dried up a while ago.  Hopefully that's because I did my research and got close to right on the first try.

If I weren't sick as a dog, plus crazy busy on account of all the stuff one has to do as the seasons change, I'd be doing the E3D install tomorrow, in fact.  (That, and it doesn't seem like a fitting activity for Hobbit Day.)