Topic: Repetier Importing parts in the wrong size

I have started printing things on my solidoodle, but not yet to their actual size.

Each time I import something into Repetier, the part imports very small, and I have to scale it way up to be even noticed...and at that point it is not the correct size.

Anybody else have this problem?

Re: Repetier Importing parts in the wrong size

Inches to mm?

If some thing is meant to be 1 inch but is treated a 1mm, it will be a great deal smaller. Try scaling up by 245 or 2.45.

25.4. It usually sees stls as if they are in mm.

jooshs wrote:

That's the right number

yeah, when i scaled it up like that, 25.4 makes it ENORMOUS and 2.54 makes it not big enough....

hmm.....

Where are your source stl files coming from?  Have you checked what units you are exporting them as?

It will be the conversion.
However your saving them is causing the issue, not repetier.

When saving the file, look for a options box, open that and find what the units are when being exported, change it to mm.

I generally use Replicator-G to center and scale. Many of the designs from Google Sketchup are in inches. I've resized the UofM football stadium to fit my Solidoodle although I didn't have much success printing it. Repetier has a scale function as well. In Replicator G, you can set your scale, then keep pressing the scale button until it is the size you want. After you are finished, press the center again to make sure the drawing is in the center.

SD2
E3D V6
MK5 V6

Gordym wrote:

I generally use Replicator-G to center and scale. Many of the designs from Google Sketchup are in inches. I've resized the UofM football stadium to fit my Solidoodle although I didn't have much success printing it. Repetier has a scale function as well. In Replicator G, you can set your scale, then keep pressing the scale button until it is the size you want. After you are finished, press the center again to make sure the drawing is in the center.

It boggles my mind that neither skeinforge or repetier host have reverse engineered Replicator G's excellent scaling capabilities. This would make either of the packages far superior.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

aaaand problem solved smile

saving things out in the options tab, under milimeters was the trick, thanks for the heads up guys! I was trying to change it in the wrong place...now if I could only get a hold of Solidworks....

Spencedaddy wrote:

aaaand problem solved smile

saving things out in the options tab, under milimeters was the trick, thanks for the heads up guys! I was trying to change it in the wrong place...now if I could only get a hold of Solidworks....

Glad you got it working!

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.