Topic: Keyboard shortcuts?

Suggestion: Use Jquery to implement some keyboard shortcuts so that users can surf the forum quickly.

Optimally these would be in the style of gmail, i.e r to respond to a post, perhaps q to quote the latest post, j to view the next post, k to view the previous post.

It would be pretty awesome.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

Re: Keyboard shortcuts?

I will look into this smile

3 (edited by iowajames 2013-07-18 02:18:42)

Nothing personal, but is there really a need for shortcuts to speed posting? I mean, it's a novel idea & all, but why? Will people want to take the time to learn all of these shortcuts to avoid using a mouse?

Please forgive the pessimistic approach to this subject, just thinking from the other direction.

Edit: Wait, I get it. Solidoodle Support then goes from answering Gmail inquiries to posting here in the same fashion, less of a transition.

Do I smell a conspiracy brewing? tongue

No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though some electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

No conspiracy smile LOL

I like keyboard shortcuts also as I have limited time in front of the computer so everything that can make my computer time more efficient is welcome smile  .... and besides my desk has so much crap.... I mean projects on it I can barely move the mouse.

ronsii wrote:

No conspiracy smile ...I can barely move the mouse.

You sir, need a thumb-wheel (trackball).

No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though some electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

iowajames wrote:
ronsii wrote:

No conspiracy smile ...I can barely move the mouse.

You sir, need a thumb-wheel (trackball).

Dragon Dictate or whatever its called these days wink

ronsii wrote:

No conspiracy smile LOL

I like keyboard shortcuts also as I have limited time in front of the computer so everything that can make my computer time more efficient is welcome smile  .... and besides my desk has so much crap.... I mean projects on it I can barely move the mouse.

This.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.