1 (edited by adrian 2013-06-17 12:47:52)

Topic: Slic3r 0.9.10b Out; Features "Wipe" and "Vase" options

Looks good so far, just replaced the Slic3r folder inside Repetier-Host with the new version. Compliments to our Francophones for having a thread a few hours before us English speakers smile

Has fixed the over extrusion on the first layer too, and 'Wipe' looks like its producing slightly improved prints...

Big improvements in slicing speed and memory usage!

From the official page:

Slic3r wrote:

New features:
Experimental "Wipe" feature that retracts while moving back along last path (useful for Bowden extruders)
New "spiral vase" option for extruding while raising Z continuously (works with any number of solid layers)
Automatic version check
New option to remember last output directory
New command line --autosave for better integration with host software (automatically export configuration to a given file)
Improvements:
Memory usage was reduced enormously thanks to fixed memory leaks in upstream libraries
Many speed improvements (also thanks to J. Vincent and M. Hindness)
Bridge overlap was reduced to improve bridging
Rectilinear and line infill is now aligned across layers
Brim loops are ordered in a smarter way
Limit "Only Retract When Crossing Perimeters" to travel moves that are completely encosed in the upper layer's slices so that we avoid visible traces on top layers
When fill density is 0, don't extend solid layers and ignore Solid Infill Every 'n' Layers
The inwards move at the end of an external loop only takes place when we have more than one perimeter
Generate a better error when input file is too thin and no layers could be generated
Better compatibility with MakerBot/MakerWare and Sailfish G-code flavors (including dual extrusion)
Order objects using a nearest neighbor search instead of relying on the order in plater
Use G1 instead of G0 for restart after retraction to avoid problems with Mach3 blending it with previous travel move
Changes:
The "Disable fan for first 'n' layers" is now applied even if cooling is disabled, just like "Fan always on"
Concentric infill order was reversed so that smaller loops are printed at the end
The "makerbot" G-code flavor was renamed to "makerware"
Bugfixes:
Fixed crash with Simple mode
Cooling time estimates were not correctly computing all objects in a plate
Allow 0.1mm slots in models instead of merging them
Z wasn't always moved at travel speed
Scaling object from the plater applied scale factor over the factor used in the previous slicing job
Fixed regression causing skirt_height to be honored incorrectly when printing more than one object
Superfluous extra perimeters were generated
Fixed crash when user deleted object from plater before thumbnail was generated

Available from http://slic3r.org/

Re: Slic3r 0.9.10b Out; Features "Wipe" and "Vase" options

Slic3r 99 gives me non manifold errors for 90% of files, even though cloud.netfabb tells me they are manifold and orientated. I' hoping the new slic3r fixes this.

Lawsy, what cad program do you use for parts like the new x carriage you made?

Still using SketchUp for all my CAD needs at this stage.

The wipe feature should help alot with quality. I think that is why kisslicer was making better prints. With the same retraction settings I would get bumps with slic3r before.

With  spiral vase  checked, the layer count went from 21 up to 2300. I didn't try to print  tho. Anybody else notice that?

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

satman49 wrote:

With  spiral vase  checked, the layer count went from 21 up to 2300. I didn't try to print  tho. Anybody else notice that?

I printed with it fine. Because it continuously lifts z Perhaps every stepper movement becomes technically "a layer"

thanks, just  thought it was weird

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

Tools menu!!!

Seriously awesome little calculators are built into RH now for getting your base step/mm.

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.