1 (edited by Rincewind 2013-06-11 12:22:21)

Topic: [semi-serious] Wailing wall

Hi!

I would like to suggest a "wailing wall" subsection where the users can complain about their Solidoodles, the company, the bad weather, whatever... It would hopefully keep the wailing contained in one defined place, that people can safely ignore or read for a fun pastime. smile

And "what happens in the wailing wall, stays in the wailing wall".

Re: [semi-serious] Wailing wall

Like a NAG (Nearly Anything Goes) huh?

No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though some electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

iowajames wrote:

Like a NAG (Nearly Anything Goes) huh?

That's the spirit smile

Another forum I frequent has a sub forum specifically for flaming.   If you and another user need to "take it outside" you can post there.  It's a place to go to complain about anything in an environment without moderation for language, manners, etc.

We used to have that here, it was called "Orders Shipping List".

5 (edited by Rincewind 2013-06-11 14:02:24)

IanJohnson wrote:

Another forum I frequent has a sub forum specifically for flaming.   If you and another user need to "take it outside" you can post there.  It's a place to go to complain about anything in an environment without moderation for language, manners, etc.

No no I have nothing against any other user... I was mostly thinking about threads like:

Why are shipping costs so high? - Oh my they are so high indeed! - Unbearable! - Why don't they use [insert shipping company name instead]!

Which by the way I think it's a perfectly valid complaint and I just did my share of it myself earlier today smile

But this kind of discussions tend to appear in more or less any other thread (a couple of weeks ago the Z wobble compensation thread became for a while another "Solidoodle is so bad at releasing firmware updates" thread), and I think it would be neater to just keep everything in one place smile

Edit: and it could also be a way to keep track of real complaints and maybe point support in the right direction saying "look there are already 556 people complaining about your shipping costs, and it's all documented here, maybe you could look into it?"

IanJohnson wrote:

I started a thread for that as well, albeit unknowingly.

Rincewind wrote:
IanJohnson wrote:

No no I have nothing against any other user... I was mostly thinking about threads like:

Why are shipping costs so high? - Oh my they are so high indeed! - Unbearable! - Why don't they use [insert shipping company name instead]!

Which by the way I think it's a perfectly valid complaint and I just did my share of it myself earlier today smile

But this kind of discussions tend to appear in more or less any other thread (a couple of weeks ago the Z wobble compensation thread became for a while another "Solidoodle is so bad at releasing firmware updates" thread), and I think it would be neater to just keep everything in one place smile

Edit: and it could also be a way to keep track of real complaints and maybe point support in the right direction saying "look there are already 556 people complaining about your shipping costs, and it's all documented here, maybe you could look into it?"

@Ian LOL!

And yeah, totally agree!

No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though some electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

I've got a little bit less time as of late so I haven't been coming around as often, but when I do there are SO many of the same exact topic and question asked over and over again.  It's mind numbing.  There was a long period of time when I had literally read every post on the site.  Guess I'm giving that up and only looking back at things that are interesting or new.

cmetzel wrote:

I've got a little bit less time as of late so I haven't been coming around as often, but when I do there are SO many of the same exact topic and question asked over and over again.  It's mind numbing.  There was a long period of time when I had literally read every post on the site.  Guess I'm giving that up and only looking back at things that are interesting or new.

Are you starting the complaint thread? smile

Rincewind wrote:

Are you starting the complaint thread? smile

Somewhat, just seconding the notion that it should be more organized.  smile