Re: Beta of updated firmware, improved Pause/Filament Chg, etc

Are these firmwares good for the newer solidoodle boards as well?

Theoretically - I'll wait till Solidoodle post their firmware and let you know as I don't have a Printrboard handy. I think I have an AT90 somewhere though... so lemme see...

I'm getting to this still today hopefully - been tied up with something and the printer is busy printing anyway (its too much PITA to test the auto-pause using spare RAMPS etc.. easier done on actual printer...)

Hey Adrian,

Did you ever get this M600 figured out?

I want to get this up and running on my Solidoodle 3...

So I went to the indicated GIT repository and downloaded the files.

I am a PC user (on this PC, XP 32-bit - soon upgrading to Win7 64 bit...)

Following the instructions, it says to unzip the files and modify the configuration.h file, but there is no configuration.h file in the .rar file! 

Even  though I couldn't find configuration.h, I thought I'd see if I could 'upload the firmware' but this really isn't clear either... I'm looking at some Arduino interface and it isn't even close to clear on how to upload firmware. Do I even use Arduinio.exe? or am I in the wrong spot?

uh, so... Could I please get some help? The other colors of filament are coming soon and I'd be more than glad to test it out for you!

Hi N23d, This link cover the basics you should know on how to connect and program arduino stuff ---> http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows

This is tested and works. I use it all the time. smile

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

32 (edited by adrian 2013-09-11 09:18:59)

Yeah... I did some work the other week on it, but still need to cleanup and push the changes. If used in a pure Repetier-Host driven environment, it works beautifully... but trying to cater for both standalone LCD and RepetierHost with the same code is just a PITA...

I also broke the SD Card reading, which I've fixed..

But it does 'work' - just has the occasionally quirk to be aware of...

I'll update here when I push the code couple of days or so...

Hey Adrian,

I just received a SD2 w/ printrboard revE, and stumbled upon this thread while looking for SD card and LCD support. I may be late however I noticed you said you don't have a printrboard. If you need help to solve any issues with the printrboard, I'll be happy to test anything and give you feedback.

By the way, what LCD are you using in your youtube video? Thx!

Very cool.  You might find Interesting some changes I made for pausing and resuming with and LCD.  In particular the "resume from z level" lets you rescue a print that has already failed by seeking to the top of a partial print and the code will automatically split the gcode virtually and print the remainder of the object.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/5971/fir … ed-prints/

I developed an add-on product that can be attached to the filament to trigger this pause feature whenever a filament issue is detected.
I'm low on stock right now, but toybuilderlabs still has stock. The website is tunell.us

Post's attachments

IMG_1221.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG 1.08 mb, 1 downloads since 2014-10-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I've got a CTC duel extruder firmware problem.  Am I in the right place?  I was printing one or two items a day before the filament started curling on the nozzle and dragging print jobs all over the hot plate, so I went online and saw a YouTube on firmware up dates, hence the story goes .......
It all started on a warm and cozy night and a dirty extruder issue, then it snow balled into a 7.4 Mighyboard firmware install that locked up my printer.  I get no response  from the printer, there's nothing on the LCD and the plate is hot!
I tried to reset the board through "Replicator 040" but got no where.

Any help out there?
Thanks for reading
Mayhem