1 (edited by thsorensen 2013-05-13 19:46:16)

Topic: Converting MakerWare to Repetier? (Slicing)

Hi!
Does anyone have a good conversion technique to create MakerWare (MakerBot's) gcode to a clean Solidoodle-friendly format?

So far I have managed to convert it manually, by exporting gcode from MakerWare, and then modifing it in Notepad + +. (Only changing the XYZ-parts of the gcode).

So far my results have been quite good!

Post's attachments

Skjermbilde.PNG
Skjermbilde.PNG 559.23 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Converting MakerWare to Repetier? (Slicing)

I have a Perl script that does the opposite, by removing dodgy Slic3r commands to let a Replicator print Repetier-Host/Slic3r g-code.

The generally G1 movement commands are compatible, but all of the heating, homing and progress commands are different. A lot of these can be stored in the start and end g-code at least.

My experience is that I get better/cleaner gcode-objects from .STL-files downloaded from Thingiverse.com when I slice them with MakerWare.

If someone doesn't have script that does the conversion, I will try to create a javascript-based script myself smile

Perhaps you can find out what slicer is behind the makerware front end and run it separately.

I know the slice settings are limited through the makerware front end.

I would love it if you had a script for this.  I'm looking at the quality of the new makerware and I believe it may be better then the other options.