Re: Full-fledged LCD touchscreen

tmccafferty wrote:

Ok, I got the pengpod.  I have never been exposed to Linux so this is going to be a challenge.  I downloaded your code to a folder.  Next, I'll try to figure out how to install python.  Then I'll try your process for the share folder.  I am anxious to get it going.... It's a cool interface.

Great to hear that! Have you checked the step-by-step buide on the Soliwiki? It's linked a few posts back. Alas, it still misses a couple of details, but otherwise, where's the fun? smile I think it should be ok, it is quite straightforward.

One thing that concerns me is that you have emphasized setting the build space "somewhere" to specific values for pause to work.  I am planning on using this with a Makergear M2.  Do I use the 200, 250, ... Of my printer or will the code not work with different values.  Not sure if that made sense, but hope you got it.  If I can get it going on the M2, I am going to buy one for the large format (850 x 850 x 850) printer I am building.

The exact values need to be set in the Pronterface settings (menu: settings->options) in the build_dimensions field. The values I gave above are for the solidoodle, you should put the values for your printer. The format is the following: the first three values are the size of the build area XxYxZ, so for you it will be 200x250x???. The next three are the position of the bottom-left corner, i.e. at what coordinates you are when the extruder is there. Usually, that's +0+0+0. The last three are the positions of the endstops, that is at what coordinates the extruder goes when you home. The solidoodle has the endstops at Z=0 and on the top-right corner, so that's +159+150+0.

I want to emphasize that with the wrong settings here the printer will still print as normal, the pause will just not work correctly (and the preview might not work).

Good luck!

Sorry about the newbee questions but I can hardly spell Linux.  I downloaded python-3.3.2,tar.bz2 and .xz.  I can't seem to figure out what to use to unzip one of them.

tmccafferty wrote:

Sorry about the newbee questions but I can hardly spell Linux.  I downloaded python-3.3.2,tar.bz2 and .xz.  I can't seem to figure out what to use to unzip one of them.

It's actually more simple than that: you should use a terminal window (xterm) and execute

sudo apt-get install python

You also need some other packages, in the readme of pronterface you should find the correct line to use.

any way to do this with android devices?

I am an open book, write on my pages that I may learn the wisdom that you posses.

Downeasta wrote:

any way to do this with android devices?

Within what this thread deals with - No.

Is is possible to use the PengPod with the new SD3 with PrintrBoard? I went through all the steps and was unable to connect to the SD3. Then I learned I have the new PrintrBoard.

remmec wrote:

Is is possible to use the PengPod with the new SD3 with PrintrBoard? I went through all the steps and was unable to connect to the SD3. Then I learned I have the new PrintrBoard.

Uhm I don't see why not. Maybe the serial port name is not correct (the printrboard might be identified as ttyACM0 instead of ttyUSB0 for example) or the baud rate. In the worst case, the printrboard might not be recognized at all, but I think it is unlikely. Can you please try that and tell us what you found? Unfortunately I have no way to check.

I got it to work, well sort of. I was using the wrong port. On my mac I connect at 250000 but on the PengPod it connects at 115200. But now I get an error saying "Can't load image from File 'images/fullscreen.png': file does not exist." but I can navigate to it and see it. I even tried to reinstall it. Any ideas?

remmec wrote:

I got it to work, well sort of. I was using the wrong port. On my mac I connect at 250000 but on the PengPod it connects at 115200. But now I get an error saying "Can't load image from File 'images/fullscreen.png': file does not exist." but I can navigate to it and see it. I even tried to reinstall it. Any ideas?

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you; but I made a small change to the code and now it might be better. Try getting the newer version (or doing a git pull) and let me know if it works!

I made a linux image that can be directly flashed on a SD card. More information here: http://www.francescosantini.com/index.php?page=threed

The server is not very fast, I will try to find a faster mirror.